View Single Post
Old 05-24-2004, 09:07 PM   #600
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
BREAKING NEWS: M-A-G Retires As Head of WWE
Reported by Harry Balsac

M-A-G shocked employees and wrestlers alike in his federation when he unenthusiastically revealed that he would no longer be involved in the WWE in anyway, creative or otherwise. M-A-G took the reigns of the WWE in May of 2003 and turned it into "his own WWE" as he emphasized at the time. Now, in July of 2025, M-A-G has guided his WWE through over 20 years of both hardship and prosperity seeing them all come and go all while paving the way for the future stars of wrestling be it in the WWE or otherwise.

M-A-G's personal assistant, Sophie, was one of the first to be told about this monumental decision. "I just remember him being very grim and gloomy when he told us," she comments. "It was me and some of the senior road agents in his office. We didn't know how to react or what to say. We just knew that there was something going on inside him that he was reluctant to reveal."

They were right. M-A-G cited "severe disinterest" during his announcement speech at the weekly meeting with the staff and workers. He felt that he had done all that he had wanted to do and all that he could do with the company and just needed to step away from it and return to the humble life as a fan. WWE Champion Chris Sylvain commented, "It was surreal. I was expecting him to pull some kind of prank or come clean with a rib but he was dead serious. I didn't know how to handle that information. I mean this is a guy who literally walked up to me during my years of training in his camp and said 'You're going to be big'." Indeed, M-A-G was very integral in bringing new stars to the front of his company, many from his own camp and developmental territory including Reiko, Rayne, Garrett, Brian York, The Thug Life Soldiers, and a host of female athletes who helped turned women's wrestling around. WWE Women's Champion Jodie Marie stated, "[women's wrestling] was a joke, almost an insult to human intelligence before M-A-G stepped in and put the effort into making the fans care about what the division had to offer. It was an untapped resource and none of us would've gotten the chances we had outside of his guidance and pushing."

M-A-G is also revered for cleaning up the business by eliminating politics and ridding the company of deadwood and primadonnas as well as giving chances to the little guys, most notably, former mid-card resident, Test, who skyrocketed his way to 7 Intercontinental Title reigns, 5 Tag Team Title reigns, 3 European Title reigns and 5 WWE Championship reigns, something he hadn't fathomed before the M-A-G adminstration kicked in. "Most people are going to say, or rather DID say, 'Oh, he's one of M-A-G's boys, he doesn't deserve this, he's just one of his guy's'," Test said, "But he made it clear to me and everyone else he gave a chance to that it was in good stride and finding what works and what was best. Hell, Brock Lesnar wasn't one of 'his boys' and he ended up having a job for about 10 years until finally getting canned."

But that was then. Now comes the inevitable future. Originally, M-A-G had decided to just give it up but now plans to stay on to see his plans for SummerSlam 2025 bear fruit. Among the superstars slated for the annual extravaganza are WWE Intercontinental Champion Sean Criss, WWE Champion Chris Sylvain, Goldberg, WWE European Champion Seven, Simon Diamond, Apocalypse, Mourn, Cruiserweight Champion Derek Standish and more. After SummerSlam, M-A-G will then allow one of closest associates Kevin "Big Vito" Busch takeover his former duties and alot of people are already saying he has big shoes to fill and are worried about any changes that might be made. PPV announcer and booking team member Shawn Michaels stated, "I'm pretty sure I can name off at least 10 people that won't have jobs come September. I know Kevin Busch and so does the locker room and that's causing some jitters."

This reporter was able to get some comments from other workers and ex-workers who were invited to the meeting.

Chris Benoit (retired): "It's a shock but at the same time, you kind of feel for the guy. He's been good to the guys and the locker room and the business and I wish him the best and I thank him."

Reiko (left the company): "I was among the guys that was told by M-A-G that we were going to be huge and he didn't lie. I wouldn't be where I was without him and all these guys still in that locker room were very fortunate to have him as their boss. Not to say everything was all cookies and cream but there was more good than bad."

Kim Roderick: "I thought I was going in for an update in my storyline and I open the door to the office and there's all these people there and I'm like, 'What's going on?' The news just...it was just heavy cause I know I owe alot to him and his administration and the staff he hired to train me and the rest of the women as well. I'm going to miss him and it's going to be weird without him."

AJ Styles: "Meh, I hang with him on the weekend's anyway but it doesn't suck any less."

The Rock: "He was a pain in the ass, that's all I'm going to say."

Triple H (released): "Fuck him, he fired my wife and jobbed me out for the better part of a decade. I'm glad he's going."

M-A-G is still expected to be in constant communication with the staff and has left the doors open to Kevin Busch for consulting. No plans are in the works to have him appear as an on-screen character after SummerSlam.

Credit: wrestling-heat.com

Last edited by M-A-G; 05-24-2004 at 09:22 PM.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote