View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 11:35 PM   #4596
Fox
"Ask him!"

Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Due Date: 7/10

I saw this in theaters months ago and hated it. Maybe I was just tired. I got a great bootleg in Belize, Mexico and rewatched it again and have to say that I was wrong after my first viewing (where I probably would've given it like a 4/10). It's not the slapstick crazy humor, like The Hangover, that I expected, but it is a great script and RDJ is very good in it. The plot gets a little weak toward the end, but some of the moments really are played up brilliantly.

Sanctum - 8/10

Rottentomatoes has given this a rotten rating, somewhere like 35%. I don't really understand why. Sure there are no top billed actors in it and the actors who are in it can be a big cheesy at times, but it accomplishes that it sets out to accomplish. My worst fear is drowning, so I naturally have this strange attraction to movies where the biggest challenge for the characters is NOT drowning. The movie is tense when it needs to be, pretty brutal in certain points, and the father/son storyline does a good job of driving the thing all the way home. I can only imagine it was an even better experience in 3D.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote