View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 09:24 AM   #1809
Drakul
"Steven, your fossa!"

Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul (a few months back)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotaku
That lovely re-release of Super Mario All-Stars, presumed only for the Japanese market, will also be released in Europe, Nintendo has revealed.

The company's Swedish website has posted a listing (Update: now backed up by a press release stating it's a Europe-wide release) for the collection, with a release date set for December 3. Included will be a soundtrack CD and a history booklet.

That box art being in English should not only put a smile on the face of British and Irish fans; it also increases the odds of the collection making its way to North America and Australasia as well.

Super Mario All-Stars was first released on the Super Nintendo, and includes updated (well, by SNES standards) versions of NES/Famicom classics Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
Source.

Might go ahead and buy this if I can afford it. If I can't, it's no big deal as I bought Mario 1, 2 (Japanese 2 and our 2) & 3 on the VC. As well as SMW.
So, it arrived today. I've not tried the actual game out yet but it's identicle to the SNES version so I know how things will go.

I flicked through the history booklet that comes with it and it's not so much "history" as it is Miyamoto, Koji Kondo and some other guy giving one line comments about each console Mario game up to SMG2. Most of it is not even interesting stuff. It's stuff like "I wanted to have Mario run under a blue sky so that's what we did.". 2 or 3 things are new to me but most of it isn't interesting. There is nothing else to the booklet other than those little comments and a couple of design documents in Japanese.
I was expecting something like a paragraph about each game with stuff like "We created Mario because...etc etc" and "We originally intended to do this or that but couldn't because..." and so on.

The OST that comes with it has 20 tracks. The first 10 being one piece of music straight from each Mario (1, 2, 3, World, 64, Sunshine, NSMB, Galaxy, NSMBW and Galaxy 2.). The NSMB theme sounds better with CD quality than it does from the DS, obviously. So that's a plus.
The other 10 tracks are just sounds you can find pretty easily online. The coin sound, the pipe sound etc.

I don't think it was really worth the price (£19.99 in the UK). I like the idea of a Mario anniversary package but, in the end, they could have done better than the shoddy job they did, even if it meant charging more. This is worth £9.99 maximum, I'd say.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote