View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 09:27 PM   #2033
loopydate
FIT Challenge Slag People

loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
OCTOBER 1, 2004 - SMACKDOWN!

"I'm ba-ack!" The crowd erupts in a chorus of boos as the new Chairman of World Wrestling Entertainment Eric Bischoff makes his way to the ring, grinning ear-to-ear. Just four nights ago, Bischoff and Vince McMahon shocked the world when he was announced as Vince's successor at Vince's son Shane's expense. Bischoff grabs a microphone. "Just four nights ago, Vince McMahon made the smartest decision of his life. He knew that his time was coming to its end, and he knew that the only man to replace him was the man who very nearly put him out of business less than a decade ago. Me!" Booooooooo! "Four nights ago when I stood in that ring as Vince McMahon rode off into the sunset, I promised that I was going to introduce a new concept tonight, and I am a man of my word. I invited RAW's top stars tonight, because this announcement concerns the best wrestlers in the world on both brands. Tonight, I've booked a series of matches featuring those stars. I want to find out tonight who the Elite superstars of World Wrestling Entertainment are, because those men will be the ones to carry my vision of the industry into the future. These Elite superstars, by virtue of winning their matches tonight, will earn a unique opportunity. That is the opportunity to appear on both RAW and SmackDown each week, the opportunity to headline both brands on a weekly basis. But, seeing as how I'm the man in charge... you have to earn that spot. And if I decide that you no longer belong in the Elite, I can make you defend your spot in a match down the line. If someone else impresses me down the line, I'll let them earn that spot. So, this goes out to all of the WWE superstars. This is your chance to prove that you belong in the main event. To prove that you are, in fact, Elite!"

The first spot in the Elite is up-for-grabs as United States Champion, the 2004 King of the Ring Chris Benoit takes on former World Champion Sean O'Haire! These are two of Bischoff's pet projects, former top stars in World Championship Wrestling, so it's no surprise that they're getting this opportunity. Solid match between two technically-sound stars that unfortunately ends when the man that O'Haire screwed out of the title on RAW, A-Train, hits the irng looking for revenge. While the ref is distracted, Train plants O'Haire with the Derailer, allowing Benoit to pick up the win. After the match, Train blasts O'Haire with a steel chair, then hits him a couple more times on the mat before hitting a drop toehold onto the chair. O'Haire is a bloody mess!

Train grabs the mic and issues a challenge to O'Haire. This was just about the World Title at Unforgiven. All Train wanted was his opportunity, and he beat O'Haire to win it. But Monday night, O'Haire made it personal when he cost Train the title to Chris Jericho. So Train is fine with keeping it personal. At No Mercy, he's going to prove to O'Haire that he deserves to be a challenger for the gold at his expense!

Paul London hits the ring next for a non-title match against Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy, the winner earns a spot in the Elite! Very exciting match with a few good nearfalls that eventually ends with Jeff hitting the Swanton on London for the win and the second spot in the Elite.

Up next is our first interbrand Elite match as RAW's rookie monster Damien takes on SmackDown!'s Rico. Decent match that gets a strong crowd reaction. Damien works power while Rico uses his speed and martial arts prowess. Eventually, Rico hits a diving headbutt that takes him out of the action long enough for Kane to hit the ring and chokeslam Damien while the ref's back is turned. Rico picks up the win, completely unaware of Kane's interference. Rico is now Elite!

It's another interbrand match next as RAW's Rob Van Dam takes on SmackDown!'s Christian for a spot in the Elite! Very exciting match between two top-notch high-fliers. Great back and forth action that, like most of tonight's other matches, ends with interference from Chris Benoit, who clamps the Crippler Crossface on RVD, allowing Christian to pick up the cheap win and a spot in the Elite. After the match, Benoit hits the ring and pummels RVD. Now that Benoit can float between brands, why is he still fixated on Rob Van Dam?

One of this generation's dream matches is up next as RAW's Randy Orton takes on SmackDown!'s John Cena! Cena looks to be on the verge of picking up the win after the F-U, but he's attacked by Tajiri, resulting in a DQ win to launch him into the Elite. After the match, Tajiri and Orton go to work on Cena until Shelton Benjamin helps clear the ring.

In just nine days at No Mercy, Chris Jericho will defend the World Title against Rhyno, but tonight we get a preview of that match as they go one-on-one for a spot in the Elite! Tremendous match that the crowd eats up until Rhyno sets up for the Gore, only to get blasted by a set of brass knuckles! The ref doesn't see it as Jericho picks up the win! Jericho doesn't stick around for Rhyno to wake up as he sprints back up the aisle, happy to escape with an Elite slot.

Another spot in the Elite will go to one of SmackDown!'s top cruiserweights next as Eddie Guerrero takes on the Japanese buzzsaw Tajiri! It amazes me that Eddie Guerrero can continue to put on Match of the Night candidates while "not putting in much effort" due to low morale. This one is no exception as he lands his trademark Frogsplash. However, before the ref can finish counting the three, Christian drags him out of the ring, resulting in a disqualification. After the match, Christian drives his now fellow Elite member into the ring post. Before he can do too much damage, John Cena comes tearing down the aisle to make the save.

Rey Mysterio and Brock Lesnar have put on tremendous matches for weeks, including a masterpiece at Unforgiven. Tonight, a spot in the Elite is at stake as they do it one more time! Very exciting match that has one of only a few clean finishes tonight when Lesnar manages to block a suplex attempt from Rey and turn it into the F5 for the win. After the match, they brawl back up the ramp and out of sight. This is definitely not over!

In yet another Unforgiven rematch, WWE Champion Matt Hardy Version 2.0 takes on The Rock in our main event, a spot in the Elite on the line! It's another exciting match that Rock looks to be about to win until Matt's brother Jeff hits the ring with a chair. He tries to take out The Rock, but accidentally blasts his brother, allowing Rock to toss him from the ring and hit the Rock Bottom on Matt for the win! After the match, the Hardy Boyz try to take out The Rock, but he drives them off and stands tall as SmackDown! goes off the air!

The Elite
Brock Lesnar
Chris Benoit
Chris Jericho
Christian
Eddie Guerrero
Jeff Hardy
John Cena
Rico
The Rock

Last edited by loopydate; 04-25-2010 at 09:35 PM.
loopydate is offline   Reply With Quote