View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 12:16 PM   #1987
loopydate
FIT Challenge Slag People

loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
AUGUST 16, 2004 - MONDAY NIGHT RAW

Six days away from Summerslam, and all the RAW Superstars are in the house tonight! A huge double main event has been signed as World Champion Sean O'Haire takes on Shelton Benjamin in a non-title match, while his Summerslam challenger Kurt Angle takes on Damien! Two huge six-man tag matches, a four-team elimination match to determine #1 contenders to the Ministry Monsters' World Tag Team Titles, and a Women's Title match have all been signed for tonight as well!

We kick things off with a match pitting the Natural Born Ministry's tandem of Mark Jindrak and Shawn Stasiak against the new duo of Fred Williams and Tom Howard. The heels work over Williams early until he catches Stasiak with a Tiger bomb to hot-tag Howard into the match. He hits Stasiak with a delayed suplex and a powerbomb, but Stasiak winds up fighting back and getting Jindrak back into the match. Eventually, Jindrak catches Williams with Splash Mountain for the win.

Victoria is backstage when she's approached by Luther Reigns. Luther talks about how much he admires her. It's no secret that Luther hasn't had the best luck since coming to WWE, but Victoria is always right in the title hunt. He'd really like to pick her brain about what it takes to be successful in WWE. How about Sunday night, we watch Summerslam and discuss it over drinks? "Are you asking me on a date?" "If you have to ask, I guess I'm not very good at that either." She eventually agrees.

Next week, the Ministry Monsters Big Show and Kane will take on the winners of the following four-team elimination tag match. The makeshift team of Rob Conway and William Regal are the first to be eliminated after Charlie Haas puts Conway away with a powerbomb. Conway's La Resistance partners are the next to fall after Johnny Stamboli pins Grenier with a massive clothesline in the corner. It's down to NBM members Johnny Stamboli and Chuck Palumbo against the surprisingly effective team of Charlie Haas and A-Train. These two put on a decent straight-up tag match until Train manages to blast Palumbo with the Derailer for the upset victory!

"One of a Kind" hits the speakers, and we're ready for our first six-man tag of the evening, but Rob Van Dam isn't coming alone! He's bringing Terri Runnels with him! Runnels announces that she's signed on as the United States Champion's manager. He's being pulled in so many directions that he needs somebody to handle his day-to-day needs. And nobody fulfills her clients' needs like Terri Runnels! RVD stands behind her and smirks throughout the entire promo. Is there more than just a business relationship here?

Runnels' other clients, the Playboys - Lance Cade and Val Venis - make their way to the ring. Their opponents are the three challengers for RVD's U.S. Title at Summerslam, Randy Orton and the members of Canadian Violence - Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho. The 2004 King of the Ring Benoit is isolated early by the faces until he manages to catch RVD off-guard. At that point, all three challengers get their turn to pound on Van Dam until he manages to hot-tag Cade back in. Cade works on Orton until Benoit tags back in and gets Cade to tap out to the Crippler Crossface.

Our next match is for the WWE Women's Title! Mickie James has dominated the WWE Divas since her debut earlier this year, but she faces a tall task tonight against former champion Jazz. Good back-and-forth match that ends with Mickie putting Jazz away with the Mick Kick to retain.

At Summerslam, Rhyno will face off against Undertaker in a match five months in the making. Tonight, Rhyno will be teaming with his fellow ECW alumni Lance Storm and Tommy Dreamer against Undertaker and the World Tag Team Champions Big Show and Kane! Taker lets his minions do most of the work, though he does take part in some triple-teaming on Rhyno. Eventually, though Rhyno manages to fight back and take out Show with the Gore for the win.

Kurt Angle's music hits, and the crowd erupts. He grabs a microphone before his match with Damien. "In six days, I get my rematch with Sean O'Haire. My entire life, I have lived for nothing else than being the best. I didn't let a broken freakin' neck stop me from winning gold in Atlanta eight years ago. And I haven't let anything stand between me and being the absolute best wrestler in the world since I debuted in World Wrestling Entertainment. And being the World Heavyweight Champion was the way I showed that. People have been asking me why I'm putting my career on the line this Sunday. And the answer is easy. If I'm not going to be the absolute best, I don't want to be here at all. And sad as that is, it's true. Oh, it's damn true."

Damien's music hits and it's time for our first half of the double main-event. Even with Angle phoning it in, they put on a tremendous contest. Damien manages to catch Angle with a chokeslam, looking like he's going to put the number-one contender away, but then Shelton Benjamin blasts him with a stiff punch, resulting in a DQ. Benjamin grabs a chair and blasts him with it before dropping him face-first across it. Damien is a bloody mess, and Shelton stands over him. This will FINALLY end at Summerslam!

Backstage while Damien is being dragged from the ring, the World Champion Sean O'Haire appears on the TitanTron. "Kurt, that's all well and good. You know, all that business about being the best. And I'm sure that you actually believe that. I'm sure that you believe that when you were the World Champion that you were actually the very best in the world. But Kurt, you peaked eight years ago. Those gold medals are your greatest accomplishment, and you've been coasting on that for almost a decade. As amazing as you are in the ring, as fantastic as you are on the mic, and as great a representative as you are for this company, there's that thought in the back of your head. That nagging little thought that there's actually somebody out there who's just a little bit better. There's that guy who's a little bit faster. There's that guy who's a little bit stronger. There's that guy who's just a little bit better. And I think that you've known for a while, Kurt, that that guy... is me. And that's why you're so eager to put your career up. You know that if I beat you again at Summerslam that you're second best. And if that's not good enough - and it won't be - you'll know that all along I wasn't telling you anything you didn't already know."

Shelton Benjamin comes out for our non-title main event. JR and Prazak hype that the Benjamin/Damien match at Summerslam will now be a First Blood Match! Benjamin and O'Haire put on a tremendous match. Eventually, though, Benjamin's actions from earlier catch up to him as a still-bloody Damien hits the ring and hits him with a chokeslamw hile the ref's back is turned. O'Haire crawls over for the cover and the victory. After the match, Damien continues to pound Shelton, and the last image of the show is the bloodied rookie monster standing victoriou over his rival.
loopydate is offline   Reply With Quote