View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 08:29 PM   #944
Jeritron
Get a poke on

Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kano View Post
Thing is, it totally worked for Batman, and although there COULD be some very cool things you could do with a grittier Spidey, I don't think it's the right move.

I personally LOVED Spiderman 1 & 2 and parts of 3 (overall let down though) - When I first saw Spiderman 1, I was sitting in the cinema, and I was actually trying to piece the whole feel of Raimi's version in my head, like, 'Its not camp, it's not a pisstake, it's got serious tones and themes, its funny, its fast paced...' and so on, and I fucking loved it, I loved the feeling I got from all these cool aspects coming together that told the story.
I agree with you. I absolutely loved Spidey 1 and 2. I think Spiderman 2 is probably the second or third best comic book movie ever made. Until Dark Knight came along I considered it the best by far.

The thing is though, Spiderman 3 did such a number on the series that it would have had a real time recovering. I'd have like to see it get another chance to continue, because I know Raimi could do it. There was still plenty of ground to cover, even though they blew a lot of good things.

But I realize now that it's too late for that and it's not going to happen. So I basically just hope this new version is done well and I can enjoy it.
I'm not against a reboot in concept anyways. It would have happened eventually anyways. I just think it's a tad too soon
Jeritron is offline   Reply With Quote