View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 08:28 PM   #942
Jon Kano

Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Jon Kano has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeritron View Post
Kano, it is possible to have a reboot that doesn't contradict or retread on anything from the originals.
They can change the style, tone, and look of the movies, but use all new villains and have an older version of Peter Parker. They could just start with Peter Parker already established as Spider-Man, and go from there.

Basically, that would be the same thing Batman Forever did. Only better.

Still, of the two possibilities I like the idea of starting fresh and making it more like the comics.
I get what you are saying, and I think in my previous post that's what I was trying to say, that it could and would be cool.

I just, I dunno, I just don't like the fact that it took so long to get to this point and now it's all going to be thrown away, all in under a decade. I was in love with the first idea that Maguire and Raimi were going to make 6 - that idea, that ambition and drive, it kinda made me fall in love with such possibilities.

I'm not saying it can't be done and in a good way - I'm not an expert on comics etc, but I am an aware cinema viewer and fan. I just don't like the idea of starting again mainly - even if they were to change the actors, director, tones, themes, rating - I would be accepting of that - but to actually start back at the beginning again - I just don't like it.

Its an obvious route for them to reboot with new cast and crew - why don't they do what I just said, keep it going, yet still make the changes. That's the best I can personally hope for anyway. That plan can't really go the way Batman did after Burton at least because I would like to think Hollywood listens to SOME of its audience SOME of the time.
Jon Kano is offline   Reply With Quote