View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 08:54 AM   #1954
loopydate
FIT Challenge Slag People

loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
JULY 12, 2004 - MONDAY NIGHT RAW

Just thirteen days away from Vengeance, and we've got a huge show tonight. All of the participants in RAW's four huge matches will be in action tonight, plus the in-ring return of wrestling's top free agent, Randy Orton!

On the 25th, Shelton Benjamin takes on Damien in a huge rivalry match. Tonight Benjamin's tag-team partner Charlie Haas takes on Damien's Ministry stablemate Big Show. Show didn't sell much at all in this one, which ends with him pulling the referee in the way of a clothesline for a DQ. After the match, Show is pissed and hits the ref with a clothesline of his own.

Terri Runnels and Dawn Marie lead their respective tag teams to the ring next for a huge eight-man tag match against Natural Born Thriller representatives Chuck Palumbo, Johnny Stamboli, Mark Jindrak, and the returning Shawn Stasiak! Tommy Dreamer and Stamboli carry the majority of the match, which is pretty much made up entirely of brawling. It's an entertaining brawl, but a brawl nonetheless. Eventually, Stasiak makes his return a successful one by hitting Cade with his trademark fisherman's suplex for the win.

The music of the former World Tag Team Champions the Metro Connection hits the speakers, and out comes Chris Kanyon! The crowd doesn't know what to think as this SmackDown! superstar comes to the ring. He grabs a microphone. "Three days ago, my... partner Billy Gunn and I got screwed out of the World Tag Team Titles. Now that we're left with no direction, I thought I'd take advantage of something. Randy Orton opened a door for me eleven days ago. I was unaware of the free-agent clause in my contract and - since I wasn't involved in the draft matches in March - I--" But before he can finish, he's nailed out of nowhere by an RKO! Randy Orton is in the ring! He goes to ringside to grab a chair. Kanyon is completely defenseless, and Orton busts him wide open with it! Orton stands over a bloodied Kanyon with a deranged look in his eyes as we go to commercial.

Back from commercial, Orton is still in the ring, but Kanyon has been helped backstage. JR and Cornette talk soberly about Chris Kanyon's health as A-Train's music hits. They then talk about how Orton took out Train's former tag partner Matt Morgan on SmackDown! and Train is looking for revenge in Orton's first match since November. Train gets in a couple of moves, but this is Orton's night, and he puts Train away with an RKO. After the match, he pounds the hell out of Train, once again making a statement.

It's a six-diva tag match next. The winning team will receive a fatal fourway title shot against Women's Champion Mickie James next week on RAW. Trish and Lita carry most of the load for the babyfaces while Victoria spends most of the match on the apron. Jazz and Molly do the same for their team while Gail Kim looks on and watches. Trish and Jazz start the match, then they're right back together in the end. Jazz strikes, powerslams, then hits the Jazz Stinger on Trish to earn the title shot next week.

Our first Vengeance preview match of the night pits United States Champion Rob Van Dam against one-half of the WWE Tag Team Champions, Chris Jericho. In thirteen days, it will be Van Dam and Rhyno against Jericho and Chris Benoit in a title match. These two put on a tremendous match that definitely whets the fans' appetite for the pay-per-view match. RVD hits a massive springboard back elbow that gets a huge pop. Jericho is hurting and he draws the ref's attention. Suddenly, out of nowhere Chris Benoit hits the ring and clamps on the Crippler Crossface! RVD is in bad shape. Jericho picks up the pieces and gets the pin. After the match, Canadian Violence continue to pummel one of their challengers until Rhyno hits the ring with a chair to chase them off. It's Rhyno versus Benoit next!

Chris Benoit is sitting on a guaranteed title shot at any time in the next year, but his sights are set on his fellow ECW originals Rhyno and Van Dam. Benoit and Rhyno put on a hell of a match. Not as good as the one RVD and Jericho just put on, but it's still pretty damn good. Rhyno hits his piledriver on Benoit for a long two. In a moment of confusion, Jericho returns the favor from earlier by laying out Rhyno with the chair he brought to the ring, allowing Benoit to clamp on the Crippler Crossface for the submission victory. Before the double team can commence again, RVD comes out with a second chair to chase off the champions.

Backstage, Mickie James cuts a short-and-sweet promo about her dominance of the Women's Title over the last couple of months and her upcoming title defense against Gail Kim, Jazz, and Molly Holly. Four of the best female wrestlers in the world in one match? Sign me up!

I was hoping that the promo would help filter the crowd reaction from that last match down so that they wouldn't be terribly disappointed in yet another Undertaker match. Unfortunately it didn't, and so they are, which is a shame because Shelton Benjamin is his opponent, and he keeps looking like he's on the verge of something big. Benjamin manages to blast UT with a Superkick! He's going to pick up the win, except suddenly Damien is in the ring beside him and lays him out with a chokeslam. The ref calls for the disqualification. Edge hits the ring to make the save (and get a shot at his Vengeance opponent in the process), and the heels are driven off.

Edge remains in the ring for his match next against the #1 contender for the World Title, Sean O'Haire. O'Haire dominates the early going with a trio of slams and a neckbreaker, but Edge fights back with a clothesline and a slam for two. This match definitely overshadows our last one, even if it has a pretty similar ending. O'Haire hits the prophecy, but Kurt Angle hits the ring and nails his challenger with a big right hand, resulting in a DQ. Undertaker hits the ring, and once again, two pairs of Vengeance opponents are in the ring.

This time it's Angle's turn to stay behind, as he's got Damien in tonight's main event! Or... he would if I'd booked it. Goddammit... I could have sworn I set up all eleven segments. Ah, well. We'll say it was a dark match.
loopydate is offline   Reply With Quote