View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 02:36 PM   #1925
loopydate
FIT Challenge Slag People

loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
So I'm a little bored with my WWE game, so I thought I'd take the same approach with 2003 TNA. First order of business was signing as many guys to written contracts as I possibly could. Unfortunately, Amazing Red, Christopher Daniels, Low Ki, Mike Awesome, and Perry Saturn all have Japanese commitments, so I couldn't sign them. This is still the weekly-PPV era of TNA.

JUNE 4, 2003

The first NWA-TNA event with Pat Dooley at the helm kicks off with tag-team action pitting ECW veterans Sabu and Sandman against DeGenerates BG James and Sean Waltman. Sandman gets double-teamed for the first part of the match until he manages to hit Waltman with a clothesline and tag in Sabu. Sabu goes to work on Waltman with his trademark high-impact offense until we get a double-tag spot. Amid the confusion, James grabs a chair from ringside. He swings and misses Sandman, who takes the chair. He lays out James as the referee turns around and he is disqualified! After the match, all four men brawl to the back. Clearly, this is not the last we'll see of these teams.

Backstage in a darkened corridor, the deranged Raven cuts a promo on the phenomenal AJ Styles. Raven is going to beat Sting later tonight for a shot at Jeff Jarrett's NWA Title, and he's going to be the new face of TNA. AJ may be phenomenal, but every phenomenon has its end, and in this case, that end is a bloody one in the Terrordome. Quoth the Raven - Nevermore.

Up next, it's fan-favorite D'Lo Brown taking on the Franchise Shane Douglas. Unfortunately, their styles don't mesh particularly well (I say "unfortunately" because I have them feuding. Uh-oh. War of words time, I guess). Eventually, Douglas lays out D'Lo with brass knuckles to pick up the cheap win. Afterwards, he takes off running, leaving D'Lo pissed off in the ring.

WCW alumni Devon Storm and Buff Bagwell tangle next. A bunch of near falls throughout this one until Storm puts Buff away with the Mindbender. After the match, Storm shows his appreciation by offering a handshake, but Buff blasts him with a forearm that stuns him long enough to set up the Blockbuster!

The X Division is on display next in a triple-threat tag team match pitting the SATs (Joel and Jose Maximo) against the teams of AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn and Elix Skipper and Kid Kash. All six men fly around the ring with each team taking the advantage at one point or another. In the end, AJ blasts Joel Maximo with a superkick to set up the Spiral Tap and the win!

After the match, TNA Director of Authority Vince Russo comes onto the ramp to announce that, by virtue of their victory tonight, AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn have earned a match next week. It will be Styles versus Lynn... versus X Division Champion Chris Sabin for the title!

The NWA World Tag Team Titles are on the line next as Chris Harris and James Storm - America's Most Wanted - defend the belts against cocky upstarts Sonny Siaki and "Above Average" Mike Sanders. The crowd is way into this one. Pretty average match quality, though. James Storm hits Siaki with a powerslam, appearing to set up for the Death Sentence, but suddenly the 3 Live Krew's Ron Killings and Konnan hit the ring! The referee calls for the bell as 3LK attack the champions. Konnan prepares to lock in the Tequila Sunrise when The Gathering's CM Punk and Julio Dinero hit the ring to make the save. 3LK clear out of the ring, leaving the fans wondering, why did the Gathering save the champions?

And now it's time for our main event as Sting and Raven face off for a shot at Jeff Jarrett's NWA Title next week. Sting punches Raven to start, but Raven hits a clothesline and a chokeslam for a near count. He sets up for a piledriver, but Sting backdrops out of it, then hits a punch and a DDT for two. Big clothesline from Sting gets two more. Sting goes for a Stinger Splash, but he wipes out and Raven gets two after a big backbreaker. Suddenly, the champ is in the ring with a chair! Jeff Jarrett lays Sting out with the chair, and the ref calls for the bell. After the match, Jarrett and Raven pound the hell out of Sting.

Jarrett grabs the mic and issues the challenge for next week. Jarrett just gave Sting the shot at the NWA Title, but the Chosen One always stacks the deck in his favor. And for next week's title match, there's going to be a special guest referee. And his name... is Raven! The heels stand over Sting as we fade to black.
loopydate is offline   Reply With Quote