View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 10:29 PM   #2822
mitch_h

mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Some movies I caught at the Toronto Film Festival.

Baaria - Ugh horrible movie, didn't really want to see this, but my girlfriend and I always try to see one movie together at the festival and this was the best looking movie we could work around our schedules. Plus I thought Giuseppe Tornatore was a pretty competent director, despite finding Cinema Paradiso kinda overrated. Don't feel like talking about it. 3/10

Life During Wartime - New Todd Solondz movie, kind of a quasi sequel to Happiness although every character has been recast. Found it kinda underwhelming seeing as most critics seem to have gotten back on the Solondz bandwagon. However, there are a some really good scenes and I love Solondz dark comedy and sympathy for outsiders, I especially loved Trish's zionist love prospect and his neurotic son. A lot of it felt like Solondz doing the same shit though, housewives don't understand the complexity of terrorism, awkward conversations between adults and children yada, yada, yada. Not nearly as funny, poignant, or as audacious as Happiness. 7/10

My Son, My Son What Have Ye Done - A David Lynch, Werner Herzog collaboration is any film buffs dream come true, too bad they couldn't have come to together to make a better film. It's about a mentally unstable man who kills his mother with a sword, then locks himself in his house with hostages. Quirky and weird with some good moments, but not nearly as good as it could have been, the actual hostage scenes were boring and dumb. Herzog did a Q&A session afterwards, so that was kinda cool. 6/10
mitch_h is offline   Reply With Quote