View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 10:39 PM   #1112
loopydate
FIT Challenge Slag People

loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Two months ago, I was on the verge of being fired. I was losing money, and public image was dropping. So, I started cutting costs. So long, Kevin Nash and your $200,00+ per appearance fee. Bye-bye BG & Kip James. Your heel turns didn't interest anybody, and you were just too expensive. I brought in a bunch of cheap indy workers to fill in the empty roster spots that Sophie worried made me look weak. I signed as many written contracts as I could, with the intention that - if I lasted long enough - I'd stuff all the new guys I've never heard of into a developmental territory that I'll be able to afford with the money I'm saving by cutting costs.

Since then, public image is back up over 80, and I've made money for two consecutive months. Plus, I managed to turn Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley into legitimate main eventers. The Cage/Jarrett feud is doing incredibly well. And I just ended the Rhino/Raven feud with an I Quit match at Hard Justice. Both guys are hugely over now and have moved on to other feuds.

The next PPV is Slammiversary, so I'm going to have all eight of my current feuds result in matches at the PPV. A couple of the feuds will end that night. Really trying to give it a "big show" feel.

Slammiversary Card

World Title Ladder Match: Christian Cage (c) vs. Jeff Jarrett. The feud has lasted for more than six months and will finally end with Christian's trademark match.

Tag Team Title Match: Team 3D (c) vs. America's Most Wanted. This feud has also lasted since December '05 and will end one way or the other.

X Division Title Match: Chris Sabin vs. Alex Shelley (c). Shelley took the gold from Christopher Daniels at Lockdown, and now these two newly-minted main eventers will battle for the fastest-growing title in wrestling.

AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe. After AJ's recent personal problems, this feud was put on hold. Japanese commitments prevented a Hard Justice match. Finally, the rivals will face off again at Slammiversary.

Matt Bentley vs. CM Punk. After Traci betrayed Bentley, siding with Punk at Destination X, this feud has only intensified.

Christopher Daniels vs. Raven. After winning his feud with Rhino, Raven is looking to get back into the World Title picture. First, he has to go through the Fallen Angel.

Rhino vs. Sabu. Sabu recently turned his back on the fans by siding with James Mitchell and Abyss, and has entered into a feud with Rhino. Could this launch Sabu into the main event?

Jeff Hardy vs. Abyss. This will probably end up being a gimmick match of some kind, but I haven't figured out what yet.

The pre-show might be a Ron Killings/Sean Waltman match, or it might just be a promo for the World Title match. Haven't decided that yet, either. Got two weeks to decide.

So, anyway, don't know that anyone cares, but that's what I've got going on atm.
loopydate is offline   Reply With Quote