TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   If you could go back in time and watch any show for the first time again (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=137430)

Helmsphere 09-11-2020 02:04 AM

True Blood

Tom Guycott 11-20-2020 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Guycott (Post 5372201)
My problem was more in my experience with Infinity War. Saw it in the theatre, and mostly everyone let out a disappointing groan at the end and people like "aw man, I gotta wait for a sequel?!" ... like NOBODY KNEW this was in two parts. It was only planned and promoted as such forever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XL (Post 5372268)
Apart from where they literally said they weren’t doing a two-parter?

I don't remember anywhere that was an actual comment. I *do* remember the "roadmap" of upcoming MCU as it was back then titles, and before "Endgame" became a subtitle, they were listed as "Infinity War part 1" and "Infinity War part 2". Intitally, people took those with a grain of salt, but as the MCU started forming and the movies started coming to fruition in the order they were listed, it was being backed up into stone written gospel. The eventual battle with Thanos was slated to be a two-parter, and there was an ever increasing reason with every film launch and in-credit PS to not believe it to be otherwise.

If that comment *was* made, it was prob'ly because some studio nonsense where they dropped the number conventions, and considered them "two separate movies" because it doesn't explicity say part 1 and part 2 in the official titles. The whole "we're not lying because of semantics" shit.

Destor 11-20-2020 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5372244)
back to the future

this joke was amazing. fuck you all

El Vaquero de Infierno 11-20-2020 04:32 AM

Six Feet Under

I would have my memory erased just to rewatch the episode when David was carjacked/kidnapped; fucking crazy.

The Shield

Seanny One Ball 11-23-2020 04:02 PM

I might watch The Shield but it just seems so grim to me.
I did watch an episode once but I was young and reckless back then.

El Vaquero de Infierno 11-24-2020 05:34 AM

It has all the Walton Goggins goodness that you might need.

Seanny One Ball 11-24-2020 01:13 PM

Does it?!

Ok, will begin tomorrow

Seanny One Ball 11-24-2020 01:14 PM

Actually fuck it I'll start tonight

Kenny Powers 12-06-2020 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 5371322)
What would it be?

To clarify, it would be like you knew nothing about what was going to happen on the show.

Daredevil got me walking away with a Nigerian sized boner. I turned on Netflix and clicked on Daredevil without knowing how good it was going to be. I just assumed that it was going to be another run-of-the-mill action hero story and so while I had interest, it wasn't that much. Daredevil blew me away. So in answering your question, I would watch Daredevil for the first time again.

Bad News Gertner 12-06-2020 10:39 PM

Band of Brothers for TV show

Movie: Stepbrothers. I've never laughed that hard at a movie before or since.

Seanny One Ball 12-07-2020 12:42 PM

Step Brothers might make my top 100 funniest films but I'd probably have to get rid of Grown Ups 2 to make room.

Tom Guycott 12-07-2020 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5371907)
so wait am i the person i am now or the person i was then?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 5371908)
Dunno. Whichever one you want to imagine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5371911)
if my personhood is a collection of my past expriences and i went back in time to relive a show would i even be myself without having seen it as i have in the present timeline? can i be sure that without it i would be a wholey different person through some butterfly effect tomfoolery?

and if i am the person i was then who's to say i would have the same expriences? maybe i would make an infinite number of minor decisions in my mind differently; altering how a joke lands or a emotional climax grips me? what if i ruin the very thing i nostalgicly cling to?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5372244)
back to the future

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5393092)
this joke was amazing. fuck you all

Sure... in full context and not taken as a legitimate answer to the question, it was a real knee-slapper.

But I would totally MIB "flashy thingy" that series from my brain (let's pretend for sake of topic that's how the neuralizer works) to watch it again fresh.

Tom Guycott 12-07-2020 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny Powers (Post 5398311)
Daredevil got me walking away with a Nigerian sized boner. I turned on Netflix and clicked on Daredevil without knowing how good it was going to be. I just assumed that it was going to be another run-of-the-mill action hero story and so while I had interest, it wasn't that much. Daredevil blew me away. So in answering your question, I would watch Daredevil for the first time again.

The only let-down was the fact that you kinda *needed* to watch season 1 of Iron Fist for the full context of Defenders. People were waiting for a major motion picture from the MCU to flop, and that one show was the turkey all along. Hell, it really didn't get much better until season two was in full swing. Prob'ly wouldn't have bothered if not for all the eye candy flanking Danny.

Separately: "Nigerian sized boner"... is it sad that the anatomical implications were secondary to me initially wondering what an erection would have to do with a rich prince emailing you out of the blue to send money?

Lock Jaw 12-07-2020 11:45 PM

I was the only one who liked Iron Fist S1... wasn't great or anything but I enjoyed it..... Luke Cage S1 was the one I found a snorefest.... S2 was great though... (Iron Fist S2 was better but still not great, but I still would have liked more)

Tom Guycott 12-08-2020 12:19 AM

I loved season 1 of Luke Cage, down to the meta of the episodes being named after Gang Starr songs. This show made me a bigger fan of Luke than the comics ever did for me.

Besides s1 Danny Rand (the legendary Iron Fist, protector of Kun Lun; it is his destiny) being portrayed as such a whiny weenie, the action scenes were horribly lackluster. Part of it was because Daredevil set the bar so high, but even with that... a blind guy kicking ass with essentially bat sonar and boxing/MMA is super awesome, so the guy whose entire identity is martial arts should be able to... ugh? What the fuck is all this ticklefight bullshit and jerky cameras trying to hide the horrible choreography?

IF's first season was just bad. Badly written. Bad fight scenes. And it had to follow up on the heels of three other acclaimed series that aired before it. They had to do some serious work to pull of from that nosedive, and they did the nigh impossible with season 2 to show a glimmer of hope for what season 3 might bring... just in time for the Disney+ effect to happen and all the axes fall on the Marvel Netflix Universe.

Bobholly138 12-12-2020 01:26 AM

TV-The Prisoner
Movie-Twin Peaks Fire Walk with me