TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What shows are you watching? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=133381)

Seanny One Ball 11-07-2023 01:16 PM

The more Sam the better the episode quality. So far it’s very annoying but I like that actor/character combo because he’s head and shoulders above the others in terms of performance. There are a lot of bad acting in it, bad acting by middling attractive people.

Seanny One Ball 11-07-2023 01:18 PM

Gee I wish I was smart enough to write a comeuppance like that for a super rapist.

Seanny One Ball 11-07-2023 01:27 PM

People should plan their attacks better. Lots of idiotic scene set ups and conclusions like an unintentionally bad “The Boys”. Also need to go easier on using gimmicks from The Boys to sell the show as in-universe. We don’t need another guy who fantasises in children’s television style, Black Noir already did that and we don’t need more super rapists.

Everything is shoved right in front of your face, it’s like reading a book summary after you have read the book itself. Pointless.

Seanny One Ball 11-07-2023 01:29 PM

They/Them Asian isn’t even an attractive ladyboy. Too many Chinese hairy moles.

Seanny One Ball 11-07-2023 01:33 PM

The more annoying blonde whore is going to get work because of her pitiful sad face, that’s what annoys me. Aaron Paul is the best looking cryer, and the best cryer in modern entertainment history and now these talentless slags want a piece of the teary eyed pie.

I mean she pronounces “else” as “eltse” for fuck’s sake.

drave 11-07-2023 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball (Post 5636531)
People should plan their attacks better. Lots of idiotic scene set ups and conclusions like an unintentionally bad “The Boys”. Also need to go easier on using gimmicks from The Boys to sell the show as in-universe. We don’t need another guy who fantasises in children’s television style, Black Noir already did that and we don’t need more super rapists.

Everything is shoved right in front of your face, it’s like reading a book summary after you have read the book itself. Pointless.

I've not watched any of these, but as described, it reminds me of when The Suicide Squad was re-written after a very successful Guardians of the Galaxy film, chock full of jokes.

The funny//serious superhero film was made and copied ad nauseum. Or something.

Seanny One Ball 11-07-2023 01:57 PM

The Suicide Squad is good though, James Gunn doesn’t pander in the way that this does. “The Boys” is in your face, not on your nose.

Lock Jaw 11-07-2023 01:58 PM

I think drave meant just "Suicide Squad" and not "The Suicide Squad"

Seanny One Ball 11-07-2023 02:00 PM

The biggest crime is how “The Boys” critiques political correctness and the current social climate as an aside, this show spews wokeness without response and marginalises the greatness of its predecessor.

So far it’s 2/4, exactly half as good as The Boys.

Seanny One Ball 11-07-2023 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 5636546)
I think drave meant just "Suicide Squad" and not "The Suicide Squad"

Ah, fair enough. Does that mean the original script would have been better though because that film had ass written all over it. It was bad just to look at.

Lock Jaw 11-07-2023 02:08 PM

There has long been talk of an "Ayer Cut" that..... well, it is probably still bad, but the Snyder Cut people want it cause his "vision" was severely chopped/re-edited in attempts to "Guardians of the Galaxy"fy it.....

Then they just said F it and got the actually director of Guardians for the sequel :lol:

Seanny One Ball 11-07-2023 02:10 PM

Wake me up when “The Day The Clown Cried” is ready for release. I think I only have to wait thirty years.

Seanny One Ball 11-07-2023 02:16 PM

Next year apparently…

Holy shit, it’s going to be terrible.

Destor 11-07-2023 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 5636551)
There has long been talk of an "Ayer Cut" that..... well, it is probably still bad, but the Snyder Cut people want it cause his "vision" was severely chopped/re-edited in attempts to "Guardians of the Galaxy"fy it.....

Then they just said F it and got the actually director of Guardians for the sequel :lol:

just wanna say, because i enjoy saying this, that the snyder cut was demonstrably shown to be fueled by bots in a warner ad campaign to drum up business for max

Lock Jaw 11-07-2023 02:30 PM

I think it was augmented by bots for sure, but there do seem to be a sizable group of people who do seem to genuinely enjoy Zack Snyder.

Seanny One Ball 11-07-2023 02:31 PM

Hahaha “Define wildfire?”

This show is definitely not on par.

Seanny One Ball 11-07-2023 02:32 PM

Zach Snyder sucks at anything beyond straight action with stern faces. He doesn’t do anything else well.

Seanny One Ball 11-07-2023 03:15 PM

Man alive is the philosophical flip flopping in “Gen V” hard on my ears and brain. This is a “Should I kill Hitler?” moment. I should have stopped watching when the minuscule broad climbed that cock but I assumed it would contain some greatness. It has had some moments that flirted with genius, but it is just a kids show with bad words and bare bottoms in it.

I’m now worried that this will bleed into “The Boys”.

Seanny One Ball 11-07-2023 03:52 PM

Hmmm the ending was a lot better than I expected, I am glad that it all went tits at the crescendo. I wish they hadn’t had so many lame side-stories though. That less annoying blonde whore became truly insufferable by the end, her whole arc is just troughs, the peaks are only hitting the median and it makes me think even less of sad bastard extroverts. If you want to be a sad bastard, be an introvert and lean right into it so that the world doesn’t feel disturbed by your shit show.

Lock Jaw 11-07-2023 11:26 PM

On to Season 5 of Star Trek: TNG....

Seanny One Ball 11-08-2023 05:23 PM

“Lawmen: Bass Reeves” is finally streaming.
El Vaquero and Drave this is another very specific Western by Taylor Sheridan so you will want to see it at some point.
I have seen one episode, it looks and feels like it will head in the right direction, it was allegedly going to join the Yellowstone/1883 universe but Sheridan decided against it in pursuit of a more faithful and coherent storyline. Already he is mixing fact with supposition and it is a sight to see.

The cast in the first episode is lead by three actors who have all earned an will likely deliver a career masterpiece. Barry Pepper in particular, he really has had a long and storied career. It’s just excellent casting to put him up against Oyelowo and to put Oyelowo up with Wigham earlier. I imagine the series follows Oyelowo as he tracks Pepper given the circumstances of the opener, but it’s a weekly 8-parter so it has plenty of hours left to go.

I’m watching episode 2 tonight, if it isn’t spectacular I will be surprised.

Taylor Sheridan is an industry on his own.

Seanny One Ball 11-08-2023 06:17 PM

Dennis Quaid is playing as far against type as it could be in this second episode, he’s going to get an Emmy.

Seanny One Ball 11-08-2023 06:28 PM

“I hit another white man…”

That should have been the trailer.

Seanny One Ball 11-08-2023 06:32 PM

Yeah spoiler alert: it’s excellent

Blonde Moment 11-09-2023 06:19 AM

Can't decide what to watch first so I decided to bounce between this and
Blue Eye Samurai

Ol Dirty Dastard 11-09-2023 07:48 AM

I just watched Blue Eye Samurai. Not really ever been into Anime but it was pretty fuckin dope.

drave 11-09-2023 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball (Post 5636715)
El Vaquero and Drave this is another very specific Western by Taylor Sheridan so you will want to see it at some point.
I have seen one episode, it looks and feels like it will head in the right direction, it was allegedly going to join the Yellowstone/1883 universe but Sheridan decided against it in pursuit of a more faithful and coherent storyline. Already he is mixing fact with supposition and it is a sight to see.

The cast in the first episode is lead by three actors who have all earned an will likely deliver a career masterpiece. Barry Pepper in particular, he really has had a long and storied career. It’s just excellent casting to put him up against Oyelowo and to put Oyelowo up with Wigham earlier. I imagine the series follows Oyelowo as he tracks Pepper given the circumstances of the opener, but it’s a weekly 8-parter so it has plenty of hours left to go.

Saw the trailer after finishing 1883.

Yellowstone has been a bit of a slog, honestly. We've not even finished the 1st season. It's okay, it just isn't the same. This looks promising, however.

Seanny One Ball 11-09-2023 09:21 AM

It is rough and tumble fare, a big boy TV show for men with evolved hearts.

David Oyelowo is ripped, so ladies may enjoy it too.

El Vaquero de Infierno 11-09-2023 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball (Post 5636715)

Thanks for this; its now on my favourites. Once the whole season is available, I'll watch it.

Seanny One Ball 11-10-2023 09:22 AM

You’ll enjoy it, it’s everything that Sheridan does well.

Lock Jaw 11-10-2023 06:58 PM

Just watched that dumb TNG episode where Wesley comes back and everyone gets addicted to VR game of throwing discs into a tube.... for some reason that is one of the episodes I most remember from my youth....

El Vaquero de Infierno 11-11-2023 06:39 AM

Drugs bad, mkay?

El Vaquero de Infierno 11-13-2023 12:13 PM

Finished second season of Bosch: Legacy.

I think I've preferred the Legacy series to the original one, even though there is a distinct lack of Lance Reddick (RIP).

Ol Dirty Dastard 11-13-2023 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Vaquero de Infierno (Post 5637174)
Finished second season of Bosch: Legacy.

I think I've preferred the Legacy series to the original one, even though there is a distinct lack of Lance Reddick (RIP).

Need to get back on this. Gave up early in the first season for reasons I couldn't tell you.

drave 11-16-2023 10:28 AM

Started up Yellowstone again. Still in the first season, but I'm okay with that.

So far, in order of Greatness from all things Taylor Sheridan (for me):

Yellowstone
1923 (so dumb)

Lock Jaw 11-16-2023 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 5636629)
On to Season 5 of Star Trek: TNG....

Blew through Season 5.... Just the finale left....

Been distracting myself from dental surgery recovery via binge watching....

Seanny One Ball 11-17-2023 03:56 PM

Trying to save Bass Reeves so I can do two episodes at a time but it’s too damned good.
Get on it.

Blonde Moment 11-17-2023 09:45 PM

Up to date on Bass Reeves and the more i see the more I wish it was an old fashioned series because imo it has the feeling of one.
Its going to be way too damn short

El Vaquero de Infierno 11-18-2023 01:32 PM

I've finished season 2 of Succession and have begun season 3.

This series is soooo gooood; they're all gloriously fucked-up pieces of shit. I love the whole Gerri-Roman dynamic.

Ol Dirty Dastard 11-18-2023 07:05 PM

L to the OGggggggg