TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   DC Universe Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=60221)

KIRA 09-30-2016 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fastway (Post 4867485)
On an Island where no one but women are allowed what is expected?
My expectations is that she is Demisexual.

-an individual who does not experience sexual attraction unless they have formed a strong emotional connection with another individual. Often within a romantic relationship.

This was always my mindset

Kalyx triaD 10-01-2016 03:49 AM

"Demisexual"

Black Widow 10-01-2016 09:07 PM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...2cd0aa2009.jpg

Lock Jaw 10-02-2016 02:43 AM

That reminds me..... The Dominators were announced as the villains for the four show crossover this season of TV.....

Wishbone 10-02-2016 03:09 AM

I'm interested to see if/how Supergirl is placed in the FlArrow universe. Imagine Flashpoint will have something to do with it.

Lock Jaw 10-02-2016 03:18 AM

I figure it will still be it's own world, but with more interworld travel happening....

Wishbone 10-02-2016 05:40 AM

Kinda hope that isn't the case. Feels like it'd be a waste to do the Flashpoint storyline and not use it to do anything substantial. I mean we all know they're not gonna mix up Flash or Arrow very much with this cause A) CW doesn't have the balls for that, and B) it'd probably turn off a lot of fans if everything just "reset" or something. The only thing I can think of that could come out of such an event is a merging of universes which would also allow Flash and Arrow to start featuring alien characters in their shows too. Just seems like the logical next step to me.

Lock Jaw 10-13-2016 10:28 PM

Just caught up with the DC Rebirth series "Green Lanterns" and I :heart: it.....

:heart: Jessica Cruz

Lock Jaw 11-07-2016 10:45 PM

http://cbr3.imgix.net/wp-content/upl...=1050&fit=crop

Kalyx triaD 11-07-2016 11:01 PM

Aha

Lock Jaw 11-07-2016 11:04 PM

Was expecting you to be more excited than just "Aha"

Damian Rey 2.0 11-07-2016 11:37 PM

Pants are ruined. Thanks a lot.

Shadow 11-08-2016 03:24 PM

I am moderately excited.

Kalyx triaD 11-09-2016 03:21 AM

I... didn't see it coming. Cubs. Trump. Young Justice S3. Like damn.

The Rogerer 11-09-2016 03:23 AM

Young Justice eh?

Is this more young boys running around in shorts?

Kalyx triaD 11-09-2016 03:52 AM

Actually yes. It's pre-52.

mitchables 11-19-2016 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 4873861)
Just caught up with the DC Rebirth series "Green Lanterns" and I :heart: it.....

:heart: Jessica Cruz

agreed, 'green lanterns' is excellent. simon & jess are both great, and that scene in the most recent issue with her ring taking on human qualities because she talks to it is freaking adorable. phantom ring storyline is really strong but the whole book has been great so far.

also really loving both 'action comics' and 'superman' -- which is new for me because i've never been a massive superman fan. i've always liked him but never on the level that i've loved batman and the flash, for example -- but i am loving him at the moment. something really... comforting about dad-superman, i think. and lois is ridic awesome across the board, good to have her back. glad we're getting to jon & damian stuff too now, i think their series should be a lot of fun.

whole rebirth initiative has been great, actually. loved the first arc of 'detective comics' especially. that book has been really solid to date. 'green arrow' really good too. 'trinity' is cool also. 'batman' actually one of the weaker books imo. 'justice league' getting better. 'the flash' started kinda middling but has its strong points, esp lately.

anyway yeah haven't been so excited for new comics so regularly in a very long time. good stuff.

Fignuts 11-19-2016 05:02 AM

Oh look at that. One of the only continuities they didn't fuck with has been consistently one of the best.

Shocker.

Lock Jaw 11-19-2016 11:47 AM

I've been slowly catching up on DC Comics. Feel like it took me a few years to "get over" the new 52 reboot.

Since then I have caught up on New 52:
- Superman books
- Justice League books
- Green Lantern books
- Aquaman
- The Flash
- Wonder Woman
- Currently working on the million Batman books

So in Rebirth I am keeping up with the same (except haven't started the Batman Rebirth titles yet)

I find the whole Superman thing causes more problems than it "solves".

They "brought back" the "classic" Superman..... except that he isn't "classic" because he is an "outsider" who is completely stripped of his supporting cast. He has no relationship with this world's Lana/Perry/Jimmy, etc...... and then sometimes the other heroes act like they have known him for years, and sometimes they act like he is a stranger who they can't trust yet.......

Feel like this whole "Mr. Oz" thing, along with general "Rebirth" mysteries, will have to lead to Superman/Lois being revealed that they are from this Earth all along, and then everyone remembers....... Just feel like they really still have to clean up this whole Superman mess......

Wonder Woman Rebirth seems to be what they should have done with Superman..... slightly tweaked the character, new costume, tweaked the character history a bit, brought her back into a relationship with Steve Trevor.... but still acknowledging that this is the New 52 Wonder Woman....

Lock Jaw 02-23-2017 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by News
Lego Batman Movie director Chris McKay is in talks to direct a live-action Nightwing film, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The Accountant’s Bill Dubuque is reportedly already begun on a script.

Dick Grayson has not appeared in any of Warner Bros.’s DC Cinematic Universe films; a Robin suit appeared in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, but no one involved with the film has revealed who would have been under the mask.

Damian Rey 2.0 02-23-2017 09:18 PM

Maybe they'll spend the first half of the movie establishing why Grayson left the robin mantle.

Lock Jaw 03-23-2017 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 4888325)
I find the whole Superman thing causes more problems than it "solves".

They "brought back" the "classic" Superman..... except that he isn't "classic" because he is an "outsider" who is completely stripped of his supporting cast. He has no relationship with this world's Lana/Perry/Jimmy, etc...... and then sometimes the other heroes act like they have known him for years, and sometimes they act like he is a stranger who they can't trust yet.......

Feel like this whole "Mr. Oz" thing, along with general "Rebirth" mysteries, will have to lead to Superman/Lois being revealed that they are from this Earth all along, and then everyone remembers....... Just feel like they really still have to clean up this whole Superman mess......

So, they just cleaned up the Superman mess..... "classic" Superman and "New 52" Superman revealed to have been "split" somehow, and now they have been rejoined, and history "rewritten" to be "correct". So everyone will "remember" that they have always been Superman/Lois and they are not "outsiders" from "another Earth/dimension" anymore......

Now they just need to bring at least Ma Kent back to life/existence.... (in my opinion)

Lock Jaw 04-14-2017 03:34 AM

Watchmen getting another movie adaptation.... except this time it will be animated....

slik 04-14-2017 09:54 AM

New event series Dark Knights: METAL sounds cool IMO.

https://i2.wp.com/cdn.batman-news.co...7/04/Metal.jpg

DARK NIGHTS: METAL

Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo, along with DC Publishers Jim Lee and Dan DiDio, just announced that their highly anticipated event, DARK NIGHTS: METAL, will rock comics this summer.

“I’ve been planning METAL for as long as I’ve been writing BATMAN,” says Snyder. “But this is bigger than BATMAN. Greg and I started dropping clues during Court of Owls, we continued through our Joker stories and we placed our biggest hints in the run that culminated with BATMAN #50. And now we’re back to tell a story that breaks everything apart. This will be the definitive project of our careers. METAL takes us in an entirely new direction. Greg and I will dig beneath the surface of all the stories we’ve told to find a place of terror and twisted nightmares.”

DC’s new summer blockbuster publishing plans complement DC Universe Rebirth, which is filled with stories about superheroes that push characters beyond their potential to a place where their courage is tested and they persevere in the face of evil. DARK NIGHTS: METAL will examine every choice a hero doesn’t take and every path they don’t walk, and open up worlds that are forged by nightmares.

“I want METAL to be built upon the stories happening now in Rebirth and create new material that feels really modern and different,” continued Snyder. “And above all, it’s going to be fun. Even with terror and nightmares, it won’t be grim. DARK NIGHTS: METAL will be celebratory, huge and crazy. I’ve said it before: I am going for out-of-control dinosaurs and lasers.”

DARK NIGHTS: METAL is DC at its most heroic, clashing with titans of terror from realms yet to be explored. Look for the first issue on shelves in August 2017.

XL 04-14-2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 4956173)
Watchmen getting another movie adaptation.... except this time it will be animated....

Hmmm. The live action movie was pretty much a panel-by-panel/shot-by-shot adaptation minus the "Tales of the Black Freighter", and a slightly different (better IM0) ending/reveal.

slik 04-22-2017 12:28 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YcBDjjY2swE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lock Jaw 04-22-2017 01:22 AM

Seems "interesting"

Kalyx triaD 04-23-2017 10:06 PM

The Batman/Harley animated movie looks fun. Ans art style is all kinds of nostalgia. Love Bruce Timm. Not too crazy about Tara Strong sit this one out, tho. But fuck yeah with Lester returning. He IS Dick Grayson.

Lock Jaw 04-24-2017 12:51 AM

Yeah, looks like fun..... Art does evoke nostalgia.... especially with Kevin Conroy in the mix.... but with Conroy and that art style, it just doesn't "feel right" without Arleen Sorkin as Harley Quinn......

Kalyx triaD 04-24-2017 02:58 AM

Don't think she's down anymore. Her last gig in the first Arkham game seemed weak, phoning it in. I'm good with Tara as the go-to.

Sixx 04-24-2017 05:36 AM

hmm, so harley quinn is voiced by that weird ass girl from big bang theory... dunno about this.

Ripper 04-24-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 4956173)

Hopefully this time they don't chicken out of the ending.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixx (Post 4959687)
hmm, so harley quinn is voiced by that weird ass girl from big bang theory... dunno about this.

The question is does she do her 'normal' voice and lose the name value, or her Big Bang voice and sound stupid.

Ezra 04-24-2017 07:12 PM

Her big bang voice is just that. Is there not video previews for this already online?

KIRA 04-24-2017 07:32 PM

Rebirth has been killing it!

Jessica Cruz has become my ComicBook Alicia Fox

Everyone needs to read Aquaman.

I hate that Batwoman hasn't gotten even more attention shes so fucking fun to read.

Batman Beyond that is all

Justice League of America looks promising

Wonder Woman keeping her convoluted history and straighting it out god(s) yes.

Any recent outing with Suicide Squad wouldve done way better as a film than what we got

Teen Titans is about to make Young Justice fans happy AF.

Lock Jaw 04-24-2017 08:07 PM

I :heart: Jessica Cruz

Aquaman is also great....

Haven't read Batwoman..... really mean to read it, but haven't got around to it yet.....

Same with Batman Beyond.....

Justice League of America does seem "promising".... characters who don't have their own series being in it means that they can actually have "character growth" and "changes" happen in the book....

Been loving Wonder Woman Rebirth...... Greg Rucka is leaving after issue 25, though..... which makes me sad..... he's been doing such a good job at essentially "resetting" Wonder Woman, and I was hoping for a long run full of world building for Wonder Woman.......

Lock Jaw 05-18-2017 07:05 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAIm8DfU0AAxpYn.jpg:large

If only Aquaman could look this good.....

Destor 05-18-2017 07:20 PM

Complete overhaul of Aquaman was needed for msrketing purposes..,character has some serious PR issues.

Lock Jaw 05-18-2017 07:27 PM

Not gonna get dragged into that can of worms again.......

Destor 05-18-2017 07:30 PM

:lol:

slik 05-18-2017 07:35 PM

imo aquaman and the flash are two of dc's toughest characters but I don't think the general public is aware (yet) of how powerful they actually are...maybe they are more aware of flash b/c of his tv series