TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Whats the story on Jacob Fatu ? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=137942)

RP 02-05-2021 05:14 PM

Whats the story on Jacob Fatu ?

I just spent an hour watching Youtube videos of this guy and looks fucking amazing. I know he signed a long contract, but can he not get out of it at all? I'm shocked this guy isnt with AEW or WWE yet. He actually makes me want to watch MLW now.

Triple A 02-05-2021 05:47 PM

I think WWE and AEW both wanted to sign him last year, but MLW was able to

He is good...

Triple A 02-05-2021 05:50 PM

He signed a new MLW deal in July of last year that goes to the end of 2025

Nark Order 02-05-2021 06:19 PM

I've seen him live a ton. Used to go to local APW shows in Daly City and the guy is pretty amazing. Thought for sure NJPW was going to sign him but it didn't happen. Kind of sucks he's gotta rot in MLW for awhile because he should be mainstream IMO

RP 02-05-2021 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple A (Post 5422535)
He signed a new MLW deal in July of last year that goes to the end of 2025

Jesus Christ he cant get out of that? Is it such a deal that one of these big 2 cant offer a buyout and some?

Jacob Fatu looks incredible. He actually makes complete sense for WWE. I'm shocked they havent tried to pay MLW for him.

Emperor Smeat 02-05-2021 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RP (Post 5422560)
Jesus Christ he cant get out of that? Is it such a deal that one of these big 2 cant offer a buyout and some?

Jacob Fatu looks incredible. He actually makes complete sense for WWE. I'm shocked they havent tried to pay MLW for him.

Think he mentioned in an interview around the time he signed that deal about how he actually likes working in MLW and doesn't want to potentially leave until after he builds up his name value to top tier indie star levels.

Also helps that the more WWE, AEW, and other notable promotions snag big name indie guys, the more his value goes up by association.

Also think that was when MLW was starting to sign people to real contracts and not handshake or shady type deals. Not sure if its still the case but MLW deals used to be rumored to pay around $100 or less per show worked.

slik 02-05-2021 07:51 PM

wasn't he in a stable with Orton and Cody and Dibiase??

Emperor Smeat 02-05-2021 07:57 PM

No, that was one of his cousins instead.

xrodmuc316 02-05-2021 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slik (Post 5422576)
wasn't he in a stable with Orton and Cody and Dibiase??

LOL Manu, now that might be the worst Samoan wrestler from that whole family, and I'm including Nia Jax in that!

Triple A 02-05-2021 11:43 PM

https://i1.wp.com/mlw.com/wp-content...00%2C277&ssl=1

https://i2.wp.com/mlw.com/wp-content...24%2C336&ssl=1

Nark Order 02-06-2021 12:10 AM

Yeah him and Will Hibbs were at like every APW show I went to. Started to question why they were there after awhile because it seemed like they should be off headlining big money shows.

Jordan 02-06-2021 08:24 AM

Fatu would be great anywhere. I can't really get into MLW right now, it's got some good things going. It's better than pact I think but some of the gimmicks and storylines are so 3rd rate it turns me off.

mike adamle 02-06-2021 04:46 PM

Pretty sure Cornette said the guy has legal issues which is why he hasnt been signed by a real big league company yet

slik 02-06-2021 04:57 PM

He seems good

I should MLW again...really liked the Battle Riot show where Tony Schiavone was on commentary and when MJF was in MLW

Seanny One Ball 02-06-2021 04:59 PM

Jacob Fat Poo

Seanny One Ball 02-06-2021 04:59 PM

Guaranteed in ten years he weighs 450lbs

slik 02-06-2021 07:10 PM

Who is Low Ki feuding with in MLW r/n

erickman 02-07-2021 09:34 AM

i need to watch mlw again since i see ep's on youtube

thecc 02-07-2021 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slik (Post 5422851)
Who is Low Ki feuding with in MLW r/n

Wearing a mask in public

Mr. Nerfect 02-08-2021 07:51 AM

His criminal record keeps him out of the WWE and the EVPs being insecure keeps him out of AEW.

Nark Order 02-08-2021 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5423396)
His criminal record keeps him out of the WWE and the EVPs being insecure keeps him out of AEW.

What do you mean? Insecure about what?

Mr. Nerfect 02-08-2021 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narkseid (Post 5423411)
What do you mean? Insecure about what?

Their positions on the card. Cody is not being upstaged by someone who works better than him while he is trying to do his Triple H impression. Outside of FTR, all the teams that have been brought in are young green guys who aren’t a threat to The Bucks.

The best free agents were left on the table. It wouldn’t surprise me if Punk was approached via text as deliberate sabotage too.

Nark Order 02-08-2021 08:41 AM

That's just a silly take. They have PAC, Phoenix, Penta, and Moxley all on the roster. All draws that can put on insane matches. PAC beat Omega clean. Cody got completely obliterated by Brodie.

As far as tag teams go, they are mostly trying to build from the ground up. The Bucks lost to Private Party in like the first or second round of the tag team tourney they did a year or so ago. Not sure where the idea of them not wanting to put teams over comes from. They didn't even win the belts until far after launch.

Mr. Nerfect 02-08-2021 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narkseid (Post 5423425)
That's just a silly take. They have PAC, Phoenix, Penta, and Moxley all on the roster. All draws that can put on insane matches. PAC beat Omega clean. Cody got completely obliterated by Brodie.

As far as tag teams go, they are mostly trying to build from the ground up. The Bucks lost to Private Party in like the first or second round of the tag team tourney they did a year or so ago. Not sure where the idea of them not wanting to put teams over comes from. They didn't even win the belts until far after launch.

That’s not the correct use of “draws.” I think PAC is tremendously talented, but there’s a reason the guy flaked out when Enzo Amore came to 205 Live. It’s because the show did better when he was not the focus. Some guys can be talented and not threats. Other guys are definitely threats. By the logic you’re using, Hulk Hogan mustn’t never been a politician because Bret Hart got a job and he lost to Goldberg.

Cody is not one of the best workers in wrestling — not by a long shot — but there’s a reason he was doing the best traditional pro-wrestling in the company for a long time. That was by design.

Why would you text CM Punk a job offer? It’s so you can say “Hey, we tried,” without really trying to get one of the biggest stars available. Why? Because it’s another guy above you on the list.

The Bucks lost to Private Party. They didn’t put them over. Triple H lost to Seth Rollins too. Who was opening Mania the next year and who was working against Ronda Rousey? If they ended up with the belts, they still got the belts. Why do people insist this is selfless? Or that there isn’t ego in this decision? The “champs” they put over are doing nothing important (where the fuck is SCU?), they’ve all been dissolved into The Bucks graciously taking the reins. It’s the same with Omega. If all roads lead to him, then how is it anything other than selfish and stupid to delay and diminish that creative decision?

It’s a Meltzer myth to justify whatever they do. Of course they are building a division from the ground up and not just hiring guys that aren’t going to upstage their reputation with their preexisting audience. They’re such nice guys. Never mind the stories from wrestlers who did feel they were politicked against on the indies even before AEW. Or guys that have spoken out about AEW and their politics now.

Omega’s another really nice and respectful guy, right? Never mind that he told New Japan he would be sticking around (Fumi Saito believed this). Never mind that he openly admits to negotiating with the WWE and AEW right up until crunch time, and that New Japan just couldn’t compete with their offers (how about talking about how small their dick is too?). He either doesn’t understand Japanese culture at all (Meltzer will tell you that he lives and breathes Japan which made him so valuable), or he just didn’t care and expected them to come crawling to him. But don’t feed me this “nice guy/professional” bullshit. I’m bringing this up because it pertains to their egos and why they do the things that they do (or don’t) and how they are reported.

It wouldn’t have been enough for AEW to hire the best guys from MLW, the NWA, ROH, etc. They’ve made their decisions based on ego — one way or another. Whether it’s hiring their friends, hiring people that are green or not hiring people who could really stand out right away. That much is obvious and just shouldn’t be denied based on some fairy tale that these are the loveliest people in the history of wrestling and would never do something selfishly ever.

By the way, look who got the health benefits with their EVP contracts and who are still independent contractors.

Mr. Nerfect 02-08-2021 03:43 PM

By the way, Cody got his win back against Brodie and dropped it with the knowledge that Brodie was leaving to deal with these health issues that eventually killed him. I wouldn’t be using that to talk about someone leaving the ego at the door.

And what did “beating” Omega mean for PAC? He’s in no different a position now and Omega is World Champion and such a great guy for doing it.

XL 02-08-2021 03:51 PM

Out of interest; which guys have raised issues with AEW politics? What were the specifics?

Mr. Nerfect 02-08-2021 05:05 PM

PJ Black has specifically spoken out.

Mr. Nerfect 02-08-2021 05:05 PM

A couple of guys have spoken out about crooked pay-offs too.

Mr. Nerfect 02-08-2021 05:06 PM

Do we know yet about what happened to Kylie Rae? She signed an NDA, didn’t she? I don’t trust Meltzer’s reporting that she just wanted a change of scenery or “fans” were too mean.

Mr. Nerfect 02-08-2021 05:07 PM

There has been talent in the indies that have spoken about how cliquey that California scene was and how hard it was to secure consistent bookings if you weren’t cool with The Bucks.

Mr. Nerfect 02-08-2021 05:14 PM

CM Punk confirmed the text story himself.

Randy Orton received words about private business dealings on Twitter from the President of the company. He was also targeted with a bullshit story from Meltzer.

CM Punk’s personal dealings with AEW somehow got leaked to Konnan to be shared on his podcast. He knew way too much and said Punk asked for too much. This is a company paying $3 million per year to enable an alcoholic Chris Jericho.

These are off the top of my head. When people start leaving the company you will hear more and more.

Mr. Nerfect 02-08-2021 05:15 PM

Right now you only have talent that are big enough names that most of them end up professionally associated with someone (WWE, FOX), so you aren’t getting the “shoot.”

erickman 02-08-2021 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5423722)
Do we know yet about what happened to Kylie Rae? She signed an NDA, didn’t she? I don’t trust Meltzer’s reporting that she just wanted a change of scenery or “fans” were too mean.

same thing that happened to her at impact. she can not handle the lime light she is a shy girl stress gets to her.

Nark Order 02-08-2021 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect (Post 5423722)

Mental health issues. Depression, anorexia, frequent panic attacks. She talked about it on her Twitter. Sounds like she got a big opportunity and freaked out.

thecc 02-09-2021 06:16 AM

Imagine being such a huge piece of shit you try to use someone’s mental health struggles as reason to try to trash a wrestling company you don’t like.

Nark Order 02-09-2021 03:06 PM

To be fair to Noid, it sounds like he didn't know that was the reason for her leaving.

thecc 02-09-2021 04:42 PM

I mean like 10 seconds of googling could have figured that out.

Damian Rey 2.0 02-09-2021 05:24 PM

I'm pretty sure it was discussed here, at the very least, in the dirt sheet thread whenshe suddenly left impact. He's just reaching because he's made a statement he can't back up.

RP 02-09-2021 07:26 PM

THIS IS ABOUT JACOB FATU YOU FUCKING COCK SUCKING FUCKS

WHAT THE FUCK

TAKE THIS SHIT ELSEWHERE

GO SUCK LARS SULLIVANS DICK NOID

Mr. Nerfect 02-09-2021 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narkseid (Post 5424077)
To be fair to Noid, it sounds like he didn't know that was the reason for her leaving.

No, that’s why I asked. Don’t know how that clears AEW anyway. It doesn’t indict them either, for all the dumb fucks either, but let’s ask Mauro Ranallo if those things are necessarily mutually exclusive.

Also pretty telling that people focus on one of those things. Nothing for the others. You make too many good points around here and see how quickly it frazzles people and makes them aggressive.

Imagine being such a piece of shit you had to resort to that because your favorite company is probably just as big a piece of shit as other companies.