TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   THE MANDALORIAN (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=136629)

Ol Dirty Dastard 12-18-2020 07:30 PM

:rant:

rez 12-18-2020 07:31 PM

I'M NOT CRYIG YOU'RE CRYING KLJAFLKJF;LSADKF;OIADJFAILSFJ;ASDLKFASDF
ASFASDLFKJASDLFKAS;LKFSDLKJFA;SDLKFLAKJSDFLLJLKJJKFSLKJLFDJLAKSLKADSLJKLJKLK;LKJLK

Ol Dirty Dastard 12-18-2020 07:34 PM

told you.

rez 12-18-2020 07:41 PM

Fuq

rez 12-18-2020 07:44 PM

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

rez 12-18-2020 07:55 PM

What's Mando to do in S3 now? Chill with Bo-Katan to retake their planet? Will they fight to the death?

Bo had Banks with her but where was the dude? Did he die and I not recall?

Ol Dirty Dastard 12-18-2020 09:03 PM

The clan Kryze I think is probably still more than just those 3. Bo probably rolls with whomever at a given time.

Lock Jaw 12-18-2020 09:16 PM

Yesssssss finally we get to see a post-RotJ Luke Skywalker at his "peak" taking out platoons of Terminators with ease

lol at Bib Fortuna taking over from Jabba and becoming morbidly obese

Lock Jaw 12-18-2020 09:16 PM

Q: Why is it that suddenly you have to fight someone to truly earn the Darksaber? Last time Bo Katan got it she was just given it by Sabine

Ol Dirty Dastard 12-18-2020 09:29 PM

Because Bo keeps getting it but not through combat (took it from Maul and given to her by Sabine) then losing it. I think it’s driven by religion... I’m guessing it’s now confirmed for her that not earning it through combat is a bad omen, as proven by her own experiences.

Ol Dirty Dastard 12-18-2020 09:33 PM

Similar to how they explained Mando never taking off his helmet, I’ll believe they’ll clarify this

Lock Jaw 12-18-2020 09:45 PM

Yeah, hope so!

I also need answers to if Boba Fett will become morbidly obese now too

Damian Rey 2.0 12-18-2020 11:01 PM

Boba gonna close out his outstanding accounts and face down with Han or Luke to finally gain his revenge.

I don't think we've seen the last of Mando and Grogu. It can't end like that. My heart needs closure.

rez 12-19-2020 03:16 AM

gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ol Dirty Dastard 12-19-2020 09:49 AM

When he touches his face is my favorite Star Wars moment of all time. I’m such a fucking sap.

rez 12-19-2020 01:51 PM

so many feels. SO MANY. FUCK

rez 12-19-2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dastardly One (Post 5403004)
Similar to how they explained Mando never taking off his helmet, I’ll believe they’ll clarify this

Pedro Pascal is like what I'd define as an ugly hot dude. He's got that Johnny Depp factor.

Ol Dirty Dastard 12-19-2020 02:55 PM

Pedro reminds me of Inigo Montoya but esp when he was the Red Viper.

rez 12-19-2020 03:16 PM

haha can't unsee it now

Damian Rey 2.0 12-19-2020 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dastardly One (Post 5403071)
When he touches his face is my favorite Star Wars moment of all time. I’m such a fucking sap.

DALE PLEASE STOP. I CAN'T GET THE LOOK OF DIN'S HEARTBROKEN EYES OUTTA MY BRAIN!

Damian Rey 2.0 12-19-2020 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REZolution (Post 5403166)
Pedro Pascal is like what I'd define as an ugly hot dude. He's got that Johnny Depp factor.

I think Pedro is handsome mother fucker. He stole my heart in Narcos.

IC Champion 12-19-2020 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dastardly One (Post 5400801)
This is why I get pissed when people are hypercritical of the show.

Don't get me wrong, if you don't dig the show, you don't dig the show. But the hyper nitpickery is so shortsighted. I'm watching this shit and feeling like a kid again. And they aren't just barraging us with fan service. No doubt, it's sprinkled in, but generally quite artfully.

Is the show perfect? Absolutely not. Should we celebrate the triumphs instead of criticizing some flaws that pop up now and again? Fucking right we should.

Star Wars at its best is a "feel." It's excitement about potential and possibilities.

I've been a big fan of this thread. Every so often for banter we'll throw in a nitpick. But I love that we're all on the same page and fistpumping together.

This is the MFKN way.

Also, I'm high as hell, and vibing hard on Mando.

I felt this post in my soul. Hahah. :heart:

Lock Jaw 12-19-2020 06:47 PM

Luke straight up showboating by force crushing that one Terminator.... could have easily just laser-sworded him like the rest but nah, randomly decides to force crush him just because he could

IC Champion 12-19-2020 07:05 PM

Wait, that was Luke?

wwe2222 12-19-2020 08:31 PM

Just here to echo most of the thoughts already shared. Great episode. It was a good episode before Luke showed up, and his appearance really put it over the top. The whole last sequence was wonderfully done. I was on the edge of my seat like a little kid.

I kept going back and forth between "its not really him...wait maybe it is...nah, they are just messing with us....holy shit I think its him"

rez 12-19-2020 09:52 PM

Fuck

FUCK

Just imagined Ben Solo killing baby Yoda...now I can't drink

wwe2222 12-19-2020 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REZolution (Post 5403380)
Fuck

FUCK

Just imagined Ben Solo killing baby Yoda...now I can't drink

Thats like 20 years from now in the timeline. Theres very little chance that is what happened.

Damian Rey 2.0 12-19-2020 10:18 PM

Grogu prob sacrifices himself. Or just dies from Luke asking too many questions.

Lock Jaw 12-19-2020 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwe2222 (Post 5403316)
Just here to echo most of the thoughts already shared. Great episode. It was a good episode before Luke showed up, and his appearance really put it over the top. The whole last sequence was wonderfully done. I was on the edge of my seat like a little kid.

I kept going back and forth between "its not really him...wait maybe it is...nah, they are just messing with us....holy shit I think its him"

Yeah, I wasn't for sure.... was like...

"Ok, X-Wing, teasing Luke.... but could be anyone. Ok, green lightsaber, teasing Luke.... but could be Ezra too. Ok, one gloved hand. Possibly missing a hand, but maybe just a decoy.... ok, here we go taking off his hood HOLY S*** IT IS LUKE!!!!"

I then started thinking "Who is this actor they got to play him?! He looks almost spot on, just something off about his face and voice but you'll never get it exact.... but who is this actor?!"

Then waited for the credits to see who it was and it was actually Mark Hamill, digitally de-aged or something.

rez 12-19-2020 11:33 PM

so are we getting mando s3 or just fett s1?

Kalyx triaD 12-20-2020 12:14 AM

That's a good question. It's just as likely Mando is a vehicle for these other shows to spin off and he can cameo in those. Honestly his adventure is very nicely wrapped up, and it'll be hard to see him without Grogu. That dynamic is the show right there.

rez 12-20-2020 12:26 AM

Mando and Bo have unfinished biz..

Shadow 12-20-2020 06:51 AM

It'll be interesting where they take Mando from here. But my guess is that until we reunite him with Grogu, he'll be stuck in a holding pattern for awhile.

Ol Dirty Dastard 12-20-2020 07:09 AM

I know Mando is supposed to be the "Iron Man" of Star Wars, in that it's the catalyst to bigger and better things. However, I think the show and the character are a lot more important to the universe and fans than Tony Stark was to Marvel. We've been let down for YEARS with either George Lucas's well-intentioned but poorly executed ideas and Disney's/Kathleen Kennedy's hamfisted GIRL POWER approach (Though the Force Awakens and Rogue One stand alone as 'quite good.' Still, they were almost immediately ruined by what followed).

But Mando caught our imaginations far beyond what we thought possible. Maybe, the show (at least, the Din Djarin-focused version) should end here where they've stuck the landing and leave people wanting more.

The problem they might face is that Din and Grogu have won our hearts--and with ALL the shit they're trying to do now, I think they'll struggle to find that transcendent dynamic.

I suppose the takeaway is focusing on interpersonal relationships. The world-building is fucking fantastic and I'm there for it all day, but without those very human elements - often rooted in familial love - it tends to ring hollow.

The initial point I was going to get at is while Mando is supposed to be a jumping-off point, I hope Favs and Feloni appreciate that it's so much more. And if they're not careful, it might be the overwhelming high point of the new content initiative.

El Vaquero de Infierno 12-21-2020 07:43 AM

Damn, just finished season 2.

I'm not a full-on Star Wars fan, but this show is what Star Wars should be, not the dumpster truck shit-fest that was the sequel trilogy. It just hits all the right notes for me.

As much as it pains me to agree with Newstead, the dynamic between Din and Grogu, which was the core of the show, will be difficult to replicate if they continue the series and will probably suffer as a result.

rez 12-21-2020 09:32 AM

Apologies if I missed it but now seeing a Luke show is in early development...ehhh...

rez 12-21-2020 09:48 AM

https://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...v=related_list

Ol Dirty Dastard 12-21-2020 09:51 AM

lol could you imagine the whole thing was Luke Deepfaker?

I'm sure they'll cast Seb Stan.

Damian Rey 2.0 12-21-2020 01:19 PM

I stan for Stan

Lock Jaw 12-21-2020 01:45 PM

Haven't heard anything about a Luke show anywhere....