TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What are you currently playing? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=106492)

Ruien 05-13-2018 07:09 PM

Started playing Tera. Hit level 40. Seems weird to play an MMO on a gaming console. The reason those games are fun is for the communication with others.

ClockShot 05-13-2018 07:57 PM

Going back to Secret of Mana to finish and hopefully platinum.

Ruien 05-13-2018 08:02 PM

I will be getting a PS during the next set of new consoles wars. Whenever that is.

OssMan 05-13-2018 08:42 PM

Played a little Splatoon 2 this afternoon, it's a lot of the same from the first game which is great. Loved the remixed music with similar motifs, noticed some slight improvements, though I did also notice that the lack of Gamepad really hurts. Splatoon 1 really was one of the few games that really utilized that gamepad well, how it had the map displayed on the gamepad and you could take a quick look at it to see which areas need to be inked and you could tap it real quick to travel to someone else's spot. Having to pull up the map on the TV is a whole lot slower.

Destor 05-13-2018 09:08 PM

Adapting WiiU games well is def a huge order. Splatoon imo is worse on the switch but its still really good.

El Fangel 05-13-2018 10:13 PM

Terraria still. Addictive as fuck

Fignuts 05-13-2018 11:53 PM

It's also still not Persona.

Tom Guycott 05-22-2018 01:14 AM

State of Decay 2 is the best worst idea I've had in recent history. Still the same "I'm just going to do this one thing..." that leads to three hours later time sinks that the first one had. And this time, I can invite friends to help collect shit.

I guess I can say I'm "officially" playing it now. Had the preorder so got the "four days early" thing to start.

Fignuts 05-22-2018 07:34 AM

Just started it last night and really enjoying it.

Tom Guycott 05-23-2018 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5125911)
Just started it last night and really enjoying it.

As am I. Still has some of the... annoyances... of the first, though. A friend of mine said "If they spent six more months on it, it could have been Game Of The Year." I'm inclined to agree. Already had some issues with graphical/engine hiccups... including an instance of teleporting through a ladder I was climbing into the building's interior and becoming stuck on furniture. The only way out was to join a friend of mine's multiplayer game and go back (after helping him out a bit, of course).

It does appear they did away with the "game world still runs while you're not playing" mechanic, which is nice on one hand, but also means you can't start a major construction project before you turn the game off for the session and expect it to be built when you start playing again tomorrow.

Multiplayer is handled fairly well and cool in a number of ways - chief among them is you actually aren't stuck with your initial pick. You can swap talent with anyone from YOUR own community reguardless if you are hosting or not. Just anything you put in storage goes to the host. Anything you get from storage comes from your box. So if you load up on painkillers and ammo, and then decide you don't need it, you're better off switching characters, or you're going to basically give up your own goods.

Items are sharable if you place them on the ground for another player to pick up, and the dropped item(s) are clearly marked.

Also, every player becomes color-coded, and different parts of the same environment become searchable to the person of the corresponding color (host is yellow, player two is blue, player 3 is green. I am assuming player 4 is red, but never got on with a fourth yet.) So, a house that originally had 3 diffrent pieces of searchable furniture can end up with like 10 or so.

You do have to stay about 400m in range of the host, though, or you'll disconnect (represented by a big orange ring on the map screen that, ironically, the host can't see). Kinda stops everyone from running to four corners of the map and doing their own thing, but isn't so restrictive that you're joined at the hip or within eyeshot.

Fignuts 05-23-2018 03:10 AM

You know there is an "unstick" option on the radio that rewinds you about 10 seconds?

Sepholio 05-25-2018 03:00 AM

Just finished God of War. Best in the series. By far.

The s3kr4t ending just makes me want more. Now. Probably gonna have to wait for like 3 years or more :(

Fignuts 05-25-2018 04:27 AM

Hard to objectively compare them since they're so different, but I did enjoy the new one more than previous entries by a pretty wide margin.

Only criticism I would lay on it is there aren't many boss battles for a GoW game. What's there is a blast, but it's still worth mentioning.

Emperor Smeat 05-25-2018 07:21 PM

Unreal Gold.

Epic Games was giving the game away for free on Steam earlier in the week.

Destor 05-25-2018 09:01 PM

Bloodstained Curse of the Moon

Sepholio 05-25-2018 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5126882)
Hard to objectively compare them since they're so different, but I did enjoy the new one more than previous entries by a pretty wide margin.

Only criticism I would lay on it is there aren't many boss battles for a GoW game. What's there is a blast, but it's still worth mentioning.

Yeah that is one of my few complaints as well. Like half the boss types become semi-regular enemies too and all of them are fairly routine for the rest of those fights except for maybe the
SPOILER: show
Dark Elf Sorcerer
. Also wish the last boss was different. It was an epic fight, to be sure, but I would have probably used someone else (even though there weren't many options set up, tbf) at that point and saved that moment for the sequel.

I also get why making the comparison would be hard. The games are very different. But the formula/gameplay/world for this one as well as the way the story is told are just so far beyond what came before that it puts this one way beyond the previous games for me. And I loved those games. This one is just something else.

Sepholio 05-25-2018 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5127023)

How is it? Been wanting to scratch my Castlevania itch and it seems like the best option but I'm always a little leery of clones at first.

Destor 05-26-2018 12:01 AM

If you like castlevania 3 and dont mind short games get it cause its great. On my 3rd plathrough now. Actually literally at the final boss.

Destor 05-26-2018 01:51 AM

And just finished my 4th run. Might speed run this a bit. Really fun especially once you unlock the final and you have full access to everything.

Sepholio 05-26-2018 02:20 AM

I take it there is some kind of new game+ where you carry over your stuff? The way you are speed running it already and what not makes me think so and I always enjoy new game+ for multiple playthroughs myself.

Sepholio 05-26-2018 02:23 AM

I just finished up the platinum trophy for God of War as well. Couple of the trophies are a little grindy at the end but not so much so that it overstays its welcome. Prob gonna get Bloodstained due to Destors pitch as I want something smaller before I jump into another big game. Can't decide if I'm gonna go ahead and start Xenosaga 2 or jump on Shadow of War first.

Destor 05-26-2018 03:08 AM

There are modes you unlock but i dont want to spoil. It essentially ng+ but theres a lot of new to it too

Destor 05-26-2018 03:09 AM

Also to your rep castlevania 2 was my first too and that game gets a bad rap thanks to that avgn vid. Its underrated

Sepholio 05-26-2018 03:28 AM

LOL I just went and watched that. Pretty funny.

Destor 05-26-2018 03:48 AM

Video is hilarious

Sepholio 05-26-2018 05:00 AM

I'm with him on one thing though...that part where you gotta equip the red orb and kneel next to the random wall at the end of the world in order to advance stumped my ass for the longest time when I was little.

Fignuts 05-26-2018 05:06 AM

Didn't he redo it during his castlevania retrospective?

El Fangel 05-26-2018 07:55 AM

Just played Civ 5 with a friend for 6 hours. He had no clue it was 6am, thought it was 4am until the sun came up

Ruien 05-26-2018 10:29 AM

Miss playing Civ with friends.

Ultra Mantis 05-26-2018 07:06 PM

I have unopened copies of Nioh, Nier Automata and Witcher 3. Still meaning to get Zelda and Mario Odyssey on Switch soon. Theres a couple of games from Plus I actually would like to play (not many tbh), a Persona 5 NG+ on the horizon and let's be realistic I'm going to get Dark Souls remastered because praise the sun and all that.

So to make the best use of my time I decided to start on the digital re-release of FF7 instead. But to switch up from my dozen CloudXTifa playthroughs I'm going to be jerk Cloud and go on the date with Barrett so it feels like I'm doing something new.

Uh, yeah.

Destor 05-26-2018 08:03 PM

I keep wanting to plau nioh but dont lol

El Fangel 05-27-2018 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruien (Post 5127117)
Miss playing Civ with friends.

Have Civ 5?

Ultra Mantis 05-27-2018 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5127221)
I keep wanting to plau nioh but dont lol

It dropped down to £20 so I picked it up, played the demo last year and liked it. It seemed like a Shinto / Samurai based Dark Souls, if Dark Souls was a lot less polished. Kinda more campy, kinda less fair. I'm interested, but not in any rush to play it either haha.

Fignuts 05-27-2018 07:05 PM

Doom is only 20 bucks at retail last I saw.

If you haven't tried it, go pick it up. Super fun game. Hope there is a sequel announcement at E3.

Sepholio 05-27-2018 08:24 PM

Doom sequel is probably a year or 2 off at least. They are going with Rage 2 in the near term.

Fignuts 05-27-2018 08:28 PM

But Rage is gay tho

DAMN iNATOR 05-27-2018 08:35 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Bethesda Game Studios announcing a Fallout spin-off game. Watched a VinylicPumaGamimg vid not too long ago on the possibility of it or (not likely but) even Fallout 5 being a surprise reveal for E<sup>3</sup>.

After Bethesda's utter shit show at last year's E<sup>3</sup> however I'm not holding my breath.

Fignuts 05-27-2018 11:03 PM

Most people are banking on ES 6 or Starfield being Bethesda's big reveal for the show.

They said the same thing last year though, so who knows?

Tom Guycott 05-27-2018 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5126274)
You know there is an "unstick" option on the radio that rewinds you about 10 seconds?

I didn't notice that before. I thought that was like radioing in for a hint on what to do next. Had someone else tell me that is what this did.

Tom Guycott 05-27-2018 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destor (Post 5127023)

Saw the vid, and as I didn't kickstart RotN, this was an unexpected surprise for me. Looks like CV:III but with the bonus of being able to swap all characters instead of sacrificing one for another, and that got my attention. Does it play like it? If so, I'm sold.