TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   video games forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What are you currently playing? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=106492)

Purgatory 04-22-2017 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR (Post 4957018)
When my fucking PS4's drive will actually read discs, in addition to Fallout 4 and GTA V, I've been playing through Assassin's Creed: Syndicate and Assassin's Creed: Unity, as well as The Walking Dead: A New Frontier, which I've played through the first couple of episodes and am waiting on Ep. 4 to drop before playing Ep. 3, and I've gotten about as far as the heli scene where you choose lethal or non-lethal weapons in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided before the system pops up an error claiming the disc is dirty or damaged despite the fact I purchased a new copy.

Yeah, I get that error on the Xbox One here and there, even when playing a downloaded game.

Sepholio 04-22-2017 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Mantis (Post 4958478)
Finally got around to World of Final Fantasy, I'm actually enjoying it more than XV. The monster trainer system is also a lot better than it was in XIII-2.

Tama (aka Navi) is annoying as fuck at the start but once things pick up and she stops talking all the time, she's tolerable. That's my only complaint so far.

It's a really great game and I hope they make a sequel to it. Very underrated. More people should play it.

DAMN iNATOR 04-22-2017 06:03 PM

Logged into GTAO and got notified that I was randomly awarded $200,000 before my character loaded. 😁🤑👍

DAMN iNATOR 04-22-2017 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purgatory (Post 4959165)
Yeah, I get that error on the Xbox One here and there, even when playing a downloaded game.

Wouldn't you know, the disc game my PS4 loves most is the unremarkable Assassin's Creed:Unity. Seriously. I don't think it's ever given that game the unrecognized disc error.

road doggy dogg 04-24-2017 12:00 AM

Playing the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo. Real fun. Might grab the full game on Tuesday

Sepholio 04-24-2017 01:10 PM

Just ordered parts for a new gaming rig. Prey needs to hurry up so I can test it out!

road doggy dogg 04-24-2017 01:17 PM

What are the specs?

Fignuts 05-02-2017 06:08 PM

Surprised there's not even a thread for Horizon Zero Dawn, because it's fucking fantastic. Combat is so fun, and the world is incredibly detailed. Looks god damn amazing too. Riding a robot horse through a forest at night, with the moonlight coming through the trees. So good.

This might be my favorite single player game of this console generation thus far.

ClockShot 05-02-2017 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 4963473)
Surprised there's not even a thread for Horizon Zero Dawn, because it's fucking fantastic. Combat is so fun, and the world is incredibly detailed. Looks god damn amazing too. Riding a robot horse through a forest at night, with the moonlight coming through the trees. So good.

This might be my favorite single player game of this console generation thus far.

SPOILER: show
If ONLY the Thunderjaw & Stormbird was ride-able.

Incredible game otherwise.

Poit 05-02-2017 07:34 PM

I've been playing Persona 5 a lot lately.

I wish the game allowed screenshots and such, though.

Destor 05-02-2017 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 4963473)

Witcher 3 for me

Fignuts 05-02-2017 08:33 PM

Witcher 3 is a close second for me. The story and characters are better in witcher 3, but the combat feels more versatile and stylish, in horizon. Feels a bit smoother too.

earlejones 05-03-2017 03:23 AM

Hi there, I am playing pokemon.

earlejones 05-04-2017 08:17 AM

Pokemon Red

Fignuts 05-06-2017 03:06 AM

Night in the woods

Was hesitant to buy another "interactive story" game after gone home left me feeling ripped off, but I'm glad I did because this has kept me thoroughly entertained. It's much longer with a lot more to do than gone home. Though I am exploring and talking to everyone each day.

I don't even know how to describe genre of the story. It's got a bit of everything. Comedy, drama, horror, mystery, existensialism. It gets real, it gets deep, and it gets dark, and its executed really well.

Your character is also kind of an asshole. Like not a full on dick, but a socially awkward person who can be selfish and inconsiderate. This makes dialogue options a lot more interesting. So many games these days have the whole "play the way you want" dialogue tree thing, but none of it feels like it means anything. But Night in the woods is like "OK so you don't get to be the white knight paragon in this game. Here's two options that are both awful/ignorant. Time to nut up and be a dick, kid."

And it's more effective than anything in other games with dialogue options. This game made me feel guilty over what I made my cartoon cat person say to her cartoon cat mom. You don't get that from mass effect folks.

So yeah. Great game so far. Hope the payoff is good. Whole bunch of intrigueing plotlines thus far.

Locke 05-08-2017 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlejones (Post 4963904)
Hi there, I am playing pokemon.

Hi

A.J.K 05-13-2017 06:40 PM

Back and forth between Chrono Cross , Chrono Trigger, FFVll , Xenoverse 2 and FF 15

ClockShot 05-13-2017 08:40 PM

Went back to Ghost Recon: Wildlands.

What a beautiful game. Don't which Ubisoft crew handled this, but they sure did do their homework on putting together an open world.

Blonde Moment 05-14-2017 07:48 PM

Playing ff 14 still, juts decided to try a Pugilist. Named her Wade Barrett, good ol' Wade finally transitioned.

DAMN iNATOR 05-15-2017 05:13 PM

Still fuckin' hard with some Fallout 4. Was on some side quest and a sneak melee attack in V.A.T.S. resulted in me Northern Lights Duplexing a raider to death, LOL.

Also been doing a little Borderlands 2 on PS4...very "shiny" compared to PS3/360 version.

DAMN iNATOR 05-21-2017 09:42 PM

Installing The Last Guardian now. Heard amazing things about it.

SlickyTrickyDamon 05-21-2017 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR (Post 4967570)
Still fuckin' hard with some Fallout 4. Was on some side quest and a sneak melee attack in V.A.T.S. resulted in me Northern Lights Duplexing a raider to death, LOL.

Also been doing a little Borderlands 2 on PS4...very "shiny" compared to PS3/360 version.

wtg

SlickyTrickyDamon 05-21-2017 10:04 PM

Playing STO as a human named after Sisko's character when he was the Scifi writer being held down.

ITS REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!

DAMN iNATOR 05-22-2017 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon (Post 4970225)
wtg

LOL, I'm so OP in FO4 it's ridiculous...started Far Harbor going in at like lv. 108...nearly 110 now. Trying to see first hand how high a level is needed to take every rank of every perk plus have 10 in all S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats...think I read it was in the high 200s, so still tons of copper duping and statue building to do.

KIRA 05-22-2017 03:34 PM

Playing Dragon's Dogma

I also have a choice to make

Jak and Daxter collection

or

Ratchet and Clank

DAMN iNATOR 05-22-2017 05:16 PM

I like how The Last Guardian does virtually no hand-holding and lets you figure out puzzles and what to do next on your own for the most part. The storytelling and art are all amazing and the controls feel very tight and precise.

100/10. Anybody with a PS4 MUST play this.

Destor 05-23-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIRA (Post 4970542)
Playing Dragon's Dogma

I also have a choice to make

Jak and Daxter collection

or

Ratchet and Clank

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Thats tough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR (Post 4970557)
I like how The Last Guardian does virtually no hand-holding and lets you figure out puzzles and what to do next on your own for the most part. The storytelling and art are all amazing and the controls feel very tight and precise.

100/10. Anybody with a PS4 MUST play this.

Controls are sht. 7/10

DAMN iNATOR 05-31-2017 12:28 AM

Just Platinumed Fallout 4!

Now downloading The Walking Dead: A New Frontier Ep. 5, haven't played episode 4 yet...that was intentional so I could sort of marathon play the penultimate episode and the series finale as sort of a 2-part series finale in my own way of saying goodbye to this great series.

road doggy dogg 05-31-2017 08:26 AM

Disgaea 5 Complete on the Switch. Stupidly addicted to this game. I loved Final Fantasy Tactics. Disgaea is head and shoulders way better from a gameplay standpoint, though the story and characters are woefully lacking. But I'm totally okay with that, from everything I've read, the story is basically just the tutorial anyway.

DAMN iNATOR 05-31-2017 11:43 PM

Got through TWD: ANF, and to say I was surprised by a revelation at the tail end would be an understatement (see redacted print below).

It read "Clementine's story will continue." Season 4 anyone?

Disturbed316 06-02-2017 05:01 AM

I'm 'game rich' but 'time poor' at the moment, so nothing.

Still needing to complete:

- episode 4 & 5 of The Walking Dead season 3
- episodes 3,4,5,6 of Hitman
- grinding my way to 100% Lego City Undercover
- finish Gears 4 story
- WWE 2k17 career mode (takes too fucking long anyway)

Tempted to ditch the last three as I really want Injustice 2 (even though I suck at fighters) and want to get The Witcher 3 (although I know how big a time killer it is).

road doggy dogg 06-02-2017 08:19 AM

What console are you playing Lego City Undercover on? I got it on the cheap for the Switch and the woeful framerates are killing any enjoyment I've had for the game :( I've heard it's poorly optimized on all consoles

Locke 06-03-2017 11:33 PM

DAMN iNATOR you should play Shadow of the Colossus and Ico

Disturbed316 06-04-2017 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by road doggy dogg (Post 4974440)
What console are you playing Lego City Undercover on? I got it on the cheap for the Switch and the woeful framerates are killing any enjoyment I've had for the game :( I've heard it's poorly optimized on all consoles

Xbox, have hardly had any issues with it apart from the game freezing once when i tried using helipads. Compared to other lego games, I've found this one has had the least performance issues.

DAMN iNATOR 06-07-2017 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locke (Post 4974827)
DAMN iNATOR you should play Shadow of the Colossus and Ico

Tried Shadow of the Colossus on PS2 several years ago, but my copy was so used/worn, I think I only ever got past the first encounter.

Disturbed316 06-09-2017 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disturbed316 (Post 4974853)
Xbox, have hardly had any issues with it apart from the game freezing once when i tried using helipads. Compared to other lego games, I've found this one has had the least performance issues.

Since this statement it's frozen twice on me, grrr.

Locke 06-09-2017 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR (Post 4976606)
Tried Shadow of the Colossus on PS2 several years ago, but my copy was so used/worn, I think I only ever got past the first encounter.

Get a new copy

ClockShot 06-10-2017 03:49 PM

Just wrapped Ghost Recon: Wildlands.

Man, what a lousy ending to what is a very good game. Just gotta do the co-op trophies and it'll be platinum'd.

Got a couple weeks to kill before Elite: Dangerous drops for PS4. Maybe I'll get started on the new Hitman.

DAMN iNATOR 06-10-2017 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locke (Post 4977089)
Get a new copy

Don't know if I can at this point...PS2 version is harder to find than a unicorn, my PS3 is long dead, and I don't believe they've released it as a remaster for PS4.

Also been playing a lot of The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind.

Fignuts 06-11-2017 01:19 AM

I believe its on playstation now, which is a pretty cool service in and of itself, so long as your internet is solid.