TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What shows are you watching? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=133381)

Lock Jaw 09-17-2023 06:43 PM

The Sandman is the opposite of "woke".

Because he puts people to sleep, you see.

GD 09-18-2023 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blonde Moment (Post 5630263)
"When people are accusing me of being quote-unquote 'woke' for Sandman stuff that I wrote 35 years ago, I-- it's like, 'Well, yes,'" Gaiman said in an interview with Times Radio. "I remember when instead of calling it 'woke,' they called it 'politically correct.' And then you talk about 'political correctness gone mad.' And I remember once reading a book where they started talking about political correctness and the fact that you could no longer make jokes about people's ethnicity or religion in the same way. And I thought, well, actually, that's just-- that's not 'political correctness.' That's just 'treating other people with respect.'"

How dare you?

El Vaquero de Infierno 09-18-2023 03:10 AM

I think they had a 'woke' checklist and they ticked each item off every episode. It was adorable. Story and strong, consistent characterisation were thrown out of the window in favour of 'the message.'

I did enjoy the episode with Death, though.

GD 09-18-2023 08:45 AM

I think it’s adorable that you liked the “Death” episode considering how woke it was.

Ol Dirty Dastard 09-18-2023 08:59 AM

Vaq, there is literally nothing worse than people complaining about shows being woke. It screams of middle-aged virginity.

GD 09-18-2023 10:16 AM

Yo! The last episode is quite bonkers…

Seanny One Ball 09-19-2023 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blonde Moment (Post 5630263)
"When people are accusing me of being quote-unquote 'woke' for Sandman stuff that I wrote 35 years ago, I-- it's like, 'Well, yes,'" Gaiman said in an interview with Times Radio. "I remember when instead of calling it 'woke,' they called it 'politically correct.' And then you talk about 'political correctness gone mad.' And I remember once reading a book where they started talking about political correctness and the fact that you could no longer make jokes about people's ethnicity or religion in the same way. And I thought, well, actually, that's just-- that's not 'political correctness.' That's just 'treating other people with respect.'"

Further proof that the guy called Gay Man is a penis

Seanny One Ball 09-19-2023 11:39 AM

Every quote Neil Gaiman comes out with makes me want to punch him in the face. Not understanding why PC culture was a bad thing and then doubling down on it is exactly why the West looks so fucking ridiculous to the rest of the world.

If he wants to treat people with respect he should stop churning out his childish dross and write something a big boy might enjoy.

Ol Dirty Dastard 09-19-2023 11:53 AM

I stan Gay man.

Also, Seanny, catch up on Justified Primeval so we can complain about it (and celebrate some of it) together.

GD 09-19-2023 11:58 AM

Olyphant and Holbrook :eek: <3

Ol Dirty Dastard 09-19-2023 12:03 PM

It's a lot of handsomeness for one show. Almost too much.

Seanny One Ball 09-19-2023 12:53 PM

Yeah I’ve been meaning to watch it but I ended up starting “Newsradio” from the 90’s and I can’t stop watching it. It’s fucking hilarious, even Joe Rogan is good in it.

Seanny One Ball 09-19-2023 12:54 PM

I might start it tonight but I have two days off coming up so I can binge it if necessary

Seanny One Ball 09-24-2023 02:32 PM

Phil Hartman was one funny dude… NewsRadio was carried on his and Stephen Root’s shoulders. Feels weird watching it knowing he’s a season or two away from dying…

Big Vic 09-25-2023 10:05 AM

Which streaming service is NewsRadio on? Will prob check that out when finished with Seinfeld.

Seanny One Ball 09-25-2023 10:33 AM

It’s a pirate site that collects new stuff from pretty much all streaming services and old stuff from fuck knows.

Helmsphere 09-25-2023 10:40 AM

Been watching what we do in the Shadows. Just got to season 4 after starting it a week ago.

Seanny One Ball 09-26-2023 03:51 PM

I still haven’t seen season 5, season 4 was a real drop in quality.

Seanny One Ball 09-26-2023 04:58 PM

Onto season 4 of “NewsRadio”, Phil Hartman’s last before he was murdered by his wife. He’s pretty much the only reason I’m still watching it, the episode quality is inconsistent but he and Stephen Root are always fantastic.
Hartman plays buttoned up crazy better than anybody, he looks completely normal so when his face changes into his intense, glazed, far-away expression but his voice stays strangely comforting… it cracks me up every time. I’ve only rewound his and Stephen Root’s best gags through three full seasons, and I haven’t done it many times. Still, he carries the show with his quality. I’m pissed off he died so young. He’d only be 70-ish now.

rez 09-27-2023 08:11 PM

Finally watched the first episode of Ahsoka. Man...it's truly going to be a grim day when Clancy Brown leaves us

rez 09-27-2023 08:13 PM

Clancy deserves a starring role in a Fincher or Scorsese movie.

Seanny One Ball 09-29-2023 09:40 AM

Does he trust his wife?

Ol Dirty Dastard 09-29-2023 10:00 AM

Seanny casually neglecting the brilliance of Khandi Alexander, who is also exceptional in Treme.

Seanny One Ball 09-29-2023 01:06 PM

She’s alright, all tits and teeth though.

Seanny One Ball 09-29-2023 01:11 PM

There’s a bit where Phil Hartman acts out the fantasy of having Diane Sawyer eat birdseed out of his hand and he pulls a completely insane face that fucking killed me. Just staring off into the distance leering like a nut. Fantastic stuff. I want to find a clip of it but it’s actually difficult to even find a reference to it online.

drave 09-29-2023 01:34 PM

one of my fav's

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3JpwjnMFlJI" title="Newsradio - Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor DAAAMN!!!" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Seanny One Ball 09-29-2023 05:25 PM

https://streamable.com/yehdbj

Lock Jaw 09-29-2023 11:57 PM

Finished Star Trek: TNG Season 3, on to season 4.

Feel like halfway through Season 3 it "picked up" to "I can actually stomach to watch more than one episode a day"

rez 09-30-2023 12:13 AM

Living with Chucky on *Screambox* available elsewhere.

Shitty shitty editing. Don approved because it skimmed 1 and 2 so fast.

rez 09-30-2023 12:30 AM

the last half obvi has more energy

El Vaquero de Infierno 09-30-2023 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 5631689)
Finished Star Trek: TNG Season 3, on to season 4.

Feel like halfway through Season 3 it "picked up" to "I can actually stomach to watch more than one episode a day"

Yeah, season 3 onwards is when TNG finds its feet, but that is the same for all the 80s/90s series, and also Enterprise for that matter.

El Vaquero de Infierno 10-01-2023 10:42 AM

I've finished all three seasons of Lost in Space. It has a penchant for being corny, but beyond that it is a good adventure show that will appeal to those with kids. The first season is alright, but the second is far superior, and the final season is somewhere in between.

Over the last few days I've watched the seven episodes of Ahsoka that have been released and I'm just waiting for the final one. It is an improvement on the third season of The Mandalorian, but it is not as strong as Andor. I am, however, enjoying the gratuitous shots of Hera's and Sabine's derrieres.

I've watched the first episode of season 2 The Wheel of Time.

I'm waiting until the final episode of The Continental is out before I start that show, which should be at the end of this incoming week.

Seanny One Ball 10-01-2023 10:50 AM

Too many shows to keep up with, have paused my Western phase to get back up to date.
Been meaning to try out some themed reviews soon too, hopefully I can sort that out so I have extra incentive to get writing again.

Sepholio 10-01-2023 12:26 PM

In continuing my recent trend of watching all the big name shows I never watched for whatever reason (things like The Wire, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, etc), I decided to go ahead and watch a more recent one I had been skipping: Yellowstone.

And again I feel like such a dumbass for not watching this the whole time save for the fact that I can watch straight through without having to wait years.

Also I would like Bethany Dutton to do really bad things to me.

El Vaquero de Infierno 10-01-2023 01:18 PM

If you haven't done already, you need to watch the prequel series to Yellowstone: 1883.

That series is top drawer.

Seanny One Ball 10-02-2023 06:10 AM

Started season 5 of WWDITS last night… it’s back to being brilliant. Nadja sucks now but they saved the show as a whole.

drave 10-02-2023 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Vaquero de Infierno (Post 5631851)
If you haven't done already, you need to watch the prequel series to Yellowstone: 1883.

That series is top drawer.

1883 is perfect. I wanted more of it, but at the same time, didn't because it just is so well done.

Seanny One Ball 10-04-2023 09:22 PM

Season five of “What We Do In The Shadows” isn’t just a return to form, it’s one of the best seasons. Nadja spends four or five episodes sucking the fun out of her scenes but after that she’s golden again. Her tits seem bigger too, she must have had a kid.

I’m happy they got back on track, all they had to do was go back to basics. More from next door Sean too, he’s always a treat.

Helmsphere 10-05-2023 11:19 PM

Been watching Gen V. Loving it so far

Also Tek Knight

El Vaquero de Infierno 10-06-2023 01:52 PM

I've completed the (presumably) first season of Ahsoka. Whilst it was watchable, I found it oddly flat, and it suffered from occasional lazy writing.

I've also finished the second season of The Wheel of Time. I always like a fantasy series, and this one is no exception. As I've never read the books, I don't know if and how they may have deviated from the source material, but it is enjoyable enough.