TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Marvel Universe Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=64942)

Blonde Moment 01-28-2014 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitz (Post 4369156)
Casting rumours regarding Josh Trank's Fantastic Four reboot began heating up last week. Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm, initially reported months back, continues to be the strongest rumour, with whispers of Miles Teller as Reed Richards, and both Saiorise Ronan and Kate Mara up for Sue. No news of Ben Grimm, until now. Movies.com reports that Josh Gad is the leading candidate to play Mrs. Grimm's baby boy. Gad's probably best known from Trey Parker and Matt Stone's musical, The Book of Mormon.

For y'all unfamiliar, here's the gentleman in question.

http://i.imgur.com/PP5ltdn.jpg

Looks like they're going outside the box for this flick, I'll say that.

For some reason I think Beast when I see that photo.

Fignuts 01-28-2014 12:09 PM

For as much flack as the first two FF films get, they nailed Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm perfectly.

Sixx 01-28-2014 04:29 PM

So Johnny Storm is gonna be black and Sue Storm is gonna be white?

Kalyx triaD 01-29-2014 12:39 AM

That possibility bothers me.

Kalyx triaD 01-29-2014 01:01 PM

Seems we can add Cap 3 to MCU's Phase 3, joining Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, and Avengers 3.

Shadow 01-29-2014 08:33 PM

OF COURSE!

Now I wonder if we'll also have a Thor 3 in there somewhere.

Kalyx triaD 01-29-2014 08:51 PM

Likely, with the numbers it pulled. And we all love Loki and they know it.

Kalyx triaD 01-30-2014 10:34 AM

Aaaaaaaaaand Thor 3 is confirmed just today.

Fignuts 01-30-2014 12:47 PM

Come ooooooooooon Hela

Kalyx triaD 01-30-2014 01:14 PM

I would like to see Enchantress being a love interest/rival/foil to Loki.

Fignuts 01-30-2014 01:57 PM

So finished reading the whole X-men Battle of the Atom crossover.

Been really enjoying all the x-books since Schism, but my god this story was dumb. I said a while ago when talking about Sentry's origin story, that in comics you have to have a rather large suspension of disbelief. But as ridiculous as things can get, it still has to make sense on some level, or it crosses over from fantastic to just stupid.

Battle of the Atom is just stupid. The basic premise is that the original 5 x-men were brought forward in time, and now the X-men are divided on whether to send them back for obvious reasons, or let them stay because they feel the orginal 5 should be able to choose their own destiny. This is fucking retarded. You're telling me that with all the time travel, alternate reality headaches the X-men have gone through, that they would be willing to put the entire space time continuum at risk just for some new age hippy "live life how you want" bullshit?

Never mind that there is a GAPING plothole in the story, as there usually is with time travel stories.

Honestly, I'm sick of alternate reality/time travel stuff as a whole. Feel like there's just been way too much of it over the last 10 years. Seems like its like an old well they keep going back to whenever they're feeling too lazy to write something creative.

Well at least it's over, and the x-books can go back to being awesome again.

Reavant 01-31-2014 01:50 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9lZWFw0GgCA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kalyx triaD 01-31-2014 11:33 PM

This is actually very likely. He's down and Lauren is down. Just waiting on Fox, and like hell they're gonna say no to one of the hot guys of current Hollywood.

It does make Deadpool's lack of progress sad, with Ryan campaigning that for years now. Perhaps X-Force.

Fignuts 02-06-2014 11:35 PM

Paul Bettany is The Vision.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ge-Ultron.html

Kalyx triaD 02-06-2014 11:40 PM

HOLY SHIT

Fignuts 02-06-2014 11:40 PM

I love that casting btw.

Kalyx triaD 02-07-2014 12:45 AM

I love the implications.

The Destroyer 02-07-2014 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 4374615)

Well, not really. He's rumoured to be the Vision, but the article is just rumours presented as fact. Just have to wait and see if it's legit.

Kalyx triaD 02-10-2014 04:59 PM

Chris Bosh will be voicing Heimdall in the Hulk cartoon. Yes that Chris Bosh. Yes that Heimdall.

Kalyx triaD 02-20-2014 01:10 AM

Quote:

According to Variety, long-rumored contenders Miles Teller (Divergent), Kate Mara (House of Cards), and Michael B. Jordan (Chronicle) officially have offers to play Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, and the Human Torch, respectively, while Tintin and Nymphomaniac actor Jamie Bell is the studio's pick to play the Thing.

parkmania 02-22-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Marvel is digging into the development work on Doctor Strange, according to Hollywood Reporter, talking to possible directors and writers for the film. Marvel Studio’s Kevin Feige has confirmed that a Doctor Strange movie will be part of Marvel’s Phase 3 (see "'Doctor Strange' Movie Confirmed”), but the film needs a script and a director.

Marvel is reportedly talking to four possible directors: Mark Andrews (Brave), Nikolaj Arcel (who’s been circling several comic-based films, including Fables, see "'Fables' in Development" and at one point, Deadman, see "'Deadman' Movie Gets a Writer"), Dean Israelite (Welcome to Yesterday), and Jonathan Levine (Warm Bodies).

Kung Fu Panda writers Jon Aibel and Glenn Berger are in consideration as a possible writing team, according to the report.

Kalyx triaD 02-24-2014 09:28 PM

Saw the Trevor Slatery One-Shot. Holy fuck.

Lock Jaw 02-24-2014 09:42 PM

Forgot about that. Downloading it now, will watch after RAW

Lock Jaw 02-24-2014 11:54 PM

Whoa, damn. Good one. Lots of stuff can come from that, and hopefully it does.

Kalyx triaD 02-25-2014 02:35 AM

Love the jab at internet reactions.

XL 02-25-2014 06:22 PM

Probably the best One Shot they've done.

Corporate CockSnogger 02-27-2014 06:21 PM

Just getting round to watching that now. "Marked out" at the mention of The Liverpool Echo.

parkmania 03-14-2014 08:15 AM

Lots of Marvel movie news, which we round up here in one easy read.

Captain America 3 will go head-to head against Batman vs. Superman; both movies are opening on May 6, 2016, according to Hollywood Reporter. Marvel had reserved the date for an un-named movie, but Warner Bros. was not deterred, selecting it as the date for its next big film when it was moved back from 2015 (see "Ouch! 'Superman / Batman' Movie Bumped to 2016"). Marvel has not officially announced that Cap 3 will use the date; THR is citing "sources."

It looks like Captain America: The Winter Soldier is going to have a big opening, estimated to be in the $85 to $90 million range, according to Variety. That would beat Captain America: The First Avenger, which opened with $65 million, by $20 million. It would be close to topping Thor: The Dark World, which opened with $86.1 million (see "'Thor' Sequel Hammers Box Office").

Sebastian Stan, who played Bucky in Captain America: The First Avenger and is playing the Winter Soldier in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, now is in a nine picture deal with Marvel, he told Newsarama this week. That was a six-picture deal back in 2012 when his participation in Captain America: The Winter Soldier was announced (see "Sebastian Stan Returns as Bucky in 'Winter Soldier'"), so the studio must have like what it’s seen, and have plans for a lot of appearances of his character in future films.

There are two post-credit scenes in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, according to Collider, including one directed by Avengers: Age of Ultron director Joss Whedon. The other post-credit scene was directed by Joh and Anthony Russo, the directors of Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Marvel is preparing for some Gangnam-style shooting for Avengers: Age of Ultron in and around Seoul, South Korea, according to Hollywood Reporter. Locations include the famous Gangnam district, bridges over the Han River through the heart of Seoul, Sangam DMC, and Yongsan. Marvel is expected to sign an agreement with several local agencies, including the Korean Film Council, for arrangements related to the shoot. Marvel’s already shot in Johannesburg; principle photography is at Shepperton Studios near London.

One member of the Avengers: Age of Ultron cast will have a short trip to the set for the South Korea shoot. Korean actress Kim Soo Hyun has been cast in a "substantial supporting" role in the film, according to Comic Book Movie.

Kalyx triaD 03-18-2014 09:04 PM

Just watched the MCU TV special. If the kiddies are as quick as they tend to be, expect to see concept art of Quicksilver, Wanda, and HULKBUSTER ARMOR.

Sixx 03-19-2014 06:29 PM

I know it's not really news (like 3 months old) but Michael Douglas is gonna be Hank Pym?

What? I don't recall Hank Pym ever being old as fuck in the comics, what's with this film? Gotta be some weird ass story there.

Kalyx triaD 03-19-2014 07:37 PM

Not weird. Hank will be presented as the original Ant-Man (and possibly one of the first superheroes connected with SHIELD) and Scott Lang takes up the mantle. Basic alternate timeline/universe deal.

Sixx 03-19-2014 10:08 PM

Yeah, weird.

Kalyx triaD 03-19-2014 10:49 PM

Okay, see ya at the movies.

Kalyx triaD 03-24-2014 04:14 AM

Wolverine 3 is a lock. Summer 2017. More than likely Hugh Jackman's last go.

And aside from the curiously cast Fantastic Four, and X-Men Apocalypse (very much First Class 3, set in the 80's), Fox has another X-Universe film set but hasn't revealed what it is. My money's on X-Force, featuring Deadpool (accurately presented, again by Reynolds).

For some of us this, along with Sony going ham with Spidey's universe, means we will not see Peter Parker annoy Logan in the Helicarrier. Not. This. Decade.

Fignuts 03-24-2014 04:20 AM

What Wolverine story will they use, I wonder. Would love Old Man Logan, but there would be way too many license problems. They'd have to rewrite the whole thing.

Drawing a blank on great Wolverine stories.

Kalyx triaD 03-24-2014 04:31 AM

I was telling Khuntry that from a character driven standpoint you have to find a side of him little seen or hinted at. I proposed the paternal side last seen in X-Men 1 with his relationship with Rogue.

Yeah, let's get X23 in there. And bring back Victor. Make it about Logan keeping his kinda-sorta daughter from falling in the hands of his ax-crazy brother. Make it a family affair.

Fignuts 03-24-2014 05:30 AM

I'd be for that.

I'd like to see a Lady Deathstrike return. Underrated, underutilized villain imo.

Give her a film version of her insanely badass Messiah Complex redesign.

Still pissed they reverted back to her 90's look when she reappeared.

Fignuts 03-24-2014 05:35 AM

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...thstrike.4.jpg

Fuckin' rad.

Kalyx triaD 03-24-2014 12:47 PM

I'd love to see Kelly Hu return, revealed as the X23's mother.

So many claws everywhere and I'd love it.

McLegend 03-24-2014 01:25 PM

I need a sequel to All Hail the King

Kalyx triaD 03-24-2014 01:33 PM

Dr. Strange, perhaps.

parkmania 03-25-2014 07:27 AM

Quote:

Corey Stoll, who got a lot of exposure as Peter Russo in the first season of House of Cards, and who will appear in Guillermo del Toro’s The Strain (see "FX Orders 'The Strain'"), has been cast in an undisclosed role in Ant-Man, according to Variety. Patrick Wilson was the last person to join the cast of the film (see "Geek Movie Round-Up"), which opens July 17, 2015.

And Fox is beginning work on its sequel to Wolverine, for which it recently snagged March 3, 2017 (see "Fox Claims Dates for 'FF' and 'Wolverine' Sequels"). It’s hired David James Kelly (who’s also working on Mind MGMT, see "'Mind MGMT' Optioned") to write a script, according to Deadline.

Kalyx triaD 03-29-2014 05:29 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EvRtKMxc88Q?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

parkmania 03-29-2014 08:52 PM

http://www.icv2.com/images/28245Spider-Man_2099_LG.jpg

Quote:

Marvel has announced a new ongoing Spider-Man 2099 series, which will be written by Peter David, who wrote most of the issues of the original series back in the 90s. It will feature art by Will Sliney (Superior Spider-Man Team-Up), with cover art by Simone Bianchi (Wolverine Vol. 3, Uncanny X-Force: Fear Itself).

The series will launch in July, and will pick up in the present day after the events in Superior Spider-Man, which brought back the Spider-Man 2099 character. Miguel O’Hara is stuck in the year 2014, and is working undercover in the employ of mega-corp Alchemax, hoping to change the future and prevent the rise of one of his greatest foes.

Although a number of the original 2099 series, including Spider-Man 2099, were well-crafted and sold well for a time, the 2099 universe was symptomatic of Marvel’s push at the time to increase the number of titles it published, which eventually exceeded the ability of the market to support them. The return of the characters and universe appears to be handled more carefully this time around, but it still makes our Spidey sense tingle when Marvel begins publishing books that appeared at times of glut in the past.
TAKE MY MONEY!!!

Seriously though, I have the entire original run of all the 2099 comics.

Sixx 03-29-2014 09:26 PM

I've read through the whole Matt Friction's run on Invincible Iron Man lately and I loved it. Was never a fan of the character (in the comic books) but this was pretty great. There were some dumbass moments, like Tony taking a dwarf from Asgard to Seattle and taking him to AA meetings, but overall it was good.

mitchables 03-29-2014 10:19 PM

love matt fraction. probably my favourite comics writer of the moment.

Krimzon7 03-29-2014 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 4401997)
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EvRtKMxc88Q?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think I want to have sex with hugh Jackman

Kalyx triaD 04-02-2014 01:58 AM

English actor Toby Kebbell is close to joining "Fantastic Four" as Doctor Doom.

Kalyx triaD 04-09-2014 09:45 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vJk56QGhIZg?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lock Jaw 04-09-2014 10:09 PM

Did you really have to post it in both threads?

Kalyx triaD 04-09-2014 10:10 PM

I... didn't know which one to put it in.

Kalyx triaD 04-14-2014 08:05 PM

Yeah Agent Carter is totally happening, at the very least as a miniseries. Perhaps as early as next Fall concurrent with Agents of SHIELD S2. It should be interesting seeing the same organization depicted in two eras, especially after... recent things were exposed.

Kalyx triaD 04-15-2014 03:01 PM

Does anybody like Channing Tatum? Anybody? I think he's alright.

I ask because he's totally going to be Gambit in a future X-movie.

Jura 04-15-2014 07:49 PM

As one of my favorite comic book characters, no.

Reavant 04-15-2014 10:46 PM

Sawyer from lost NEEDS to be Gambit... hes perfect in every way for the character

Kalyx triaD 04-15-2014 11:38 PM

True, but he's not interested.

Skippord 04-16-2014 04:07 AM

He makes the weirdest career choices

XL 04-16-2014 10:50 AM

Has he said that recently? I could see why he wouldn't wanna do it straight off the back of playing Sawyer, what with type-casting and all, but 4 years removed from the show/character? Maybe he's had a change of heart.

Why wouldn't you wanna play an iconic role in a huge movie franchise?

Kalyx triaD 04-16-2014 04:58 PM

He said it before, no reason to think he changed his mind. He probably just isn't interested in comic characters of big movie franchises.

Miotch 04-16-2014 05:14 PM

Semi spoiler regarding post credit scene in Spiderman 2 with possible 'big picture' studio cross over potential implications:

SPOILER: show
Evidently there's a scene featuring X-Men characters from the upcoming Days of Future Past release. While it could only be promoting another Marvel product the fact that the FOX property is being tagged on to the Sony Spidey film certainly could mean that we may see Spiderman and Weapon X on the same screen at some point in the future.

Kalyx triaD 04-16-2014 05:21 PM

Actually it's just a short trailer/promo for the UK release. A cross-promotion worked between Sony and Fox's marketing. There is no universal cross-over. I repeat: there is no cross-over coming.

Miotch 04-16-2014 05:29 PM

You're probably right, but it's nice to see synergy between the two studios. It could be a huge cash in if they were able to pull it off.

Kalyx triaD 04-16-2014 07:29 PM

Oh hell yeah we've discussed this a million times. And I will concede even a promotional co-op is rather curious in general, between the two studios least likely to work with another. In fact, Fox and Sony teaming up could give them the edge against the dominating Marvel/Disney.

Innovator 04-17-2014 09:10 AM

Spider-man and X-Men: Arcade's Revenge!

Rammsteinmad 04-17-2014 09:22 AM

Just got back from Spidey 2. I'm not so sure about what KT is saying. I mean, it's like WWE promoting a TNA pay-per-view. It just doesn't make sense why it'd be tagged on like that when it could be something relevant to the film.

Plus, it's gonna give loads of comic fans false hope of a crossover. I'm gonna maintain optimism that something will come out of it. Sony and Fox are probably looking at the success of the Marvel Studios universe and putting something together.

Kalyx triaD 04-17-2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 4412483)
Oh hell yeah we've discussed this a million times. And I will concede even a promotional co-op is rather curious in general, between the two studios least likely to work with another. In fact, Fox and Sony teaming up could give them the edge against the dominating Marvel/Disney.

Fignuts 04-22-2014 02:56 PM

I now want all the superhero movie studios to make nice, solely so we could have an Uncanny Avengers movie.

This is one of the best books in years. 18 issues in, and this overarching story is still going, and and going strong. It's seriously better than all the big event books marvel has come out with the last decade. So good.

Though to fully appreciate it, you should probably read Uncanny X-force vol.1, to get a backstory on all the Archangel/Apocalypse stuff. That's another thing. Apocalypse, cool as he is, was getting kind of stale. Marvel added this whole new lore to the character and expanded his connection to the celestials.

Go read this stuff guys.

Miotch 04-22-2014 04:01 PM

I agree, though I have a bunch to catch up on. I think I'm only through the first 9 or so books.

Kalyx triaD 04-24-2014 04:09 PM

http://www.newsarama.com/images/i/00...jpg?1395240286

Sixx 04-25-2014 04:19 AM

Dazzler is the most useless character that I would like to see in a movie.

Solely because of her outfits.

Kalyx triaD 05-13-2014 11:41 AM

Remember when I advised that you brace yourselves for Channing Tatum taking the Gambit role? It has come to pass and been officially announced.

Interestingly it has not been revealed whether it's for Apocalypse or a solo movie; but I'm betting with Hugh Jackman on his way out after Wolverine 3 - he'll be the new lynchpin of the X-Men movies. Get used to him.

Kalyx triaD 05-13-2014 02:40 PM

Update:

Channing will debut in a small role in Apocalypse and get a solo film at the same time or after Wolverine 3. Gambit is here to stay.

Rammsteinmad 05-13-2014 02:48 PM

Good for him.

I was kinda hoping it'd be Jean-Claude Van Damme, but whatever.

Kalyx triaD 05-13-2014 02:55 PM

lol what? Maybe 20 years ago.

DaveBrawl 05-13-2014 04:41 PM

I'd be all for that now.

Kalyx triaD 05-16-2014 10:49 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iwSVSng3q6A?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kalyx triaD 05-17-2014 01:36 PM

Watching the completed Days of Future Past lit a fire under Hugh Jackman's ass because he is complete 180 about retiring and wants to be Wolverine... as long as he ages as slowly as Logan actually does.

I wonder if Fox was prepared for this change of heart, since I'm 98% certain Gambit was poised as the new face of the X-movies. We'll see after Wolverine 3 if Hugh is really down for another decade of claws.

Lock Jaw 05-17-2014 02:27 PM

I like how you are 98% sure of something without any factual evidence to back it up.

Kalyx triaD 05-17-2014 02:59 PM

Are we back at this again? I like to think my analysis in the subject are fairly on point. Do you really want me to link bomb and write an essay on this stuff every time I see something coming?

Do you really?!

Lock Jaw 05-17-2014 03:05 PM

Yes, please. 98% is a high number and must be backed up by cold hard facts. Please prepare a 500 word essay on the subject and turn it into my desk by tomorrow morning.

Fignuts 05-17-2014 03:10 PM

Don't forget to cite your sources.

Fignuts 05-17-2014 03:13 PM

Also, please use the 3-7-7-3 format.

parkmania 05-19-2014 10:09 PM

And use the proper TPS cover letter.

Sixx 05-23-2014 06:06 AM

I don't think Tatum is that bad of a choice for Gambit, even though I'm not a fan of his. It's all up to how they make him. Hope it's better than in Wolverine:Origins.

loopydate 05-23-2014 04:54 PM

Edgar Wright is off Ant-Man.

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/05/jaws-...rvels-ant-man/

Shadow 05-23-2014 08:52 PM

I'm not utterly upset about this as I don't even think they've got a script in play yet. See what develops.

Kalyx triaD 05-24-2014 01:40 AM

My early speculation: He was gunning for this movie since way before the MCU was established. Going forward there are certain continuity points movies will have to meet and I'm guessing the connections to the MCU were spinning his own vision out too far and it was no longer his.

This is very disappointing, but with so many people already attached I imagine we'll get a different vision of the movie. The Wolverine survived a major loss when it switched directors, there's no reason to think Marvel can't pick up the pieces from here.

Shadow 05-24-2014 08:33 PM

Yeah from what I read there was a script given to him that he just wasn't happy with as it had little to nothing that he suggested. Hence why he felt betrayed and ultimately walked. I'm not too torn up as they just got the script so this won't even effect production. I'd be pissed if this was half-way through production but it's not. Just a small disappointment.

Kalyx triaD 05-26-2014 12:11 PM

Try not to lose your shit guys but Hugh Jackman has admitted that he's read Old Man Logan and that's in discussions for the third Wolverine movie. This doesn't mean they are translating that straight up, but he also admitted in the same interview that are doing something completely different for part 3.

He also expressed interest in a Wolverine vs Deadpool movie, though I think he meant it more as a 'buddy cop' thing and only used 'vs' as comic book lingo.

After Days this guy's a new man. Far from where he was a year ago when he all but announced his retirement from Wolverine. Now he's talking Apocalypse, Wolverine 3, Wolverine/Deadpool, and being a fucking Avenger. He has a Wolverine bucket list people.

His newfound spirit kinda forces me to recant my feelings that Gambit was gonna be the new face of the X-Men movies, since Channing doesn't stand a fucking chance with Jackman staying around. But his solo movie is still a go and he will amass a following.

Rammsteinmad 05-26-2014 01:48 PM

I don't want Jackman to age. :(

Kalyx triaD 05-27-2014 08:14 PM

Let's all welcome Charlie Cox to the MCU; he is the Man Without Fear... Daredevil!

So... yeah, go Google his ass already.

BigDaddyCool 05-27-2014 08:27 PM

she-hulk? More like slut-hulk. Amirite?

Tits or gtfo

Fignuts 05-28-2014 01:19 AM

I don't think I'd want them to do Old Man Logan. Pretty sure everyone in the story but Logan are MCU characters.

They'd pretty much have to rewrite the whole story.

Rather see something with X-23 and Daken.

Kalyx triaD 05-28-2014 01:45 AM

I'd love an X23 story with the return of Victor. I think I already mentioned a story idea where X23 is torn between Logan and Victor in a custody battle of savage proportions.

Daken can go fuck himself, and Romulous too for that matter.

Fignuts 05-28-2014 05:21 AM

Daken has stupid hair, and I hated him for a while, but after they developed his character a bit, he started to grow on me.

On another note, I might be done reading comics for a while. It seems like for the last 5 years, every other story has involved time travel and alternate realities. It's getting so fucking ridiculous. It's gotten to the point where it's just fucking lazy. "Well, we can't think of any actual good stories to tell, so lets just create some time travel nonsense. Alternate versions of characters will distract the readers from the tired cliche writing!"

That combined with Battle of the Atom (which made me literally angry at the shear stupidity as I was reading it) has made me just want to quit reading altogether.

Sixx 05-28-2014 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 4438920)
Daken has stupid hair, and I hated him for a while, but after they developed his character a bit, he started to grow on me.

On another note, I might be done reading comics for a while. It seems like for the last 5 years, every other story has involved time travel and alternate realities. It's getting so fucking ridiculous. It's gotten to the point where it's just fucking lazy. "Well, we can't think of any actual good stories to tell, so lets just create some time travel nonsense. Alternate versions of characters will distract the readers from the tired cliche writing!"

That combined with Battle of the Atom (which made me literally angry at the shear stupidity as I was reading it) has made me just want to quit reading altogether.

I gotta agree. I was really enjoying what they were doing with Cyclops for a while (the mutant terrorist stuff that made me care for the character for the first time ever I think) but then they had to just bring back the X-Men from the past, then X-Men from the future, Brotherhood of Mutans from the future and what not. Was just confusing and irritating.

Fignuts 05-28-2014 03:17 PM

What made me really angry was how dumb the concept for Battle of the Atom was. Like, teen Cyclops and teen Jean going AWOL makes sense, because they're dumb teenagers who think they know better, and they've seen the horrible fate that awaits them.

But all those other more seasoned X-men, saying let's endanger all of reality just for some hippy new age let's give these kids a choice bullshit, is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. It is so out of character, almost all of these people have been through enough time travel bullshit to know what a MONUMENTALLY bad idea not sending the originals back would be. You wouldn't even need that experience to know it's a bad idea. Just a grade school level IQ would do fine. But I guess Bendis isn't that advanced yet.

Kalyx triaD 05-28-2014 03:29 PM

I seen that teen Cyke and his space pirate dad are having adventures in modern times and I thought it was just insanely convoluted.

Initially I liked the original X-Men coming to the future and they got new modern suits and all that, but I'm also thinking these guys are going back home eventually. Then more and more plots come up to keep them around. I don't get it. What narrative and marketing goals are they going for here? Teenage X-Men? The New X-Men and Academy got that covered. I had a thought that the originals would straight up die and be replaced by them - but not even that. It's just confusing, in an industry where we're used to whacky shit.

Fignuts 05-29-2014 01:23 AM

The recent Thor time travel story was actually good, but because I'm so god damn sick of the concept, I couldn't even fully enjoy it.

Sixx 05-29-2014 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 4439694)
The recent Thor time travel story was actually good, but because I'm so god damn sick of the concept, I couldn't even fully enjoy it.

What story is that?

Most recent Thor story/series I've read was God of Thunder.