TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   wrestling forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   WWE RAW Weekly Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=137664)

asphyXy 09-27-2021 10:55 PM

If the first match didn't have outside interference, what would the cage have been used for?

Triple A 09-27-2021 10:56 PM

Just put it on...

Ref opening the door for Lashley for him to walk out... maybe the dumbest rule in WWE, being able to win by going out of the door in a cage match

Triple A 09-27-2021 11:00 PM

Forgot about McIntyre...

asphyXy 09-27-2021 11:18 PM

https://www.bodyslam.net/wp-content/...h-1024x539.jpg

xrodmuc316 09-28-2021 12:23 AM

That football game tonight was a letdown. Thought Philly would have put up more of a fight.

Also, some dude that was in a coma since like January just woke up, and doesnt even know that WWE randomly broke up the Hurt Business, buried Cedric and Shelton for 9 months, then just had them randomly go back :rofl:

xrodmuc316 09-28-2021 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seph (Post 5483169)
Had to flake for a bit there. My wife was walking out of her job when a hardcore brawl erupted in the entrance. Dude was skulling people with a skillet (seriously) and then pulled out a butchers knife and was trying to stab everyone. Thankfully the wife is fine, she was far enough back when it happened that she easily got away from the fracas, but she is def shook up.

Damn Seph, just seeing this now, glad she is ok!

Ruien 09-28-2021 07:49 AM

Hope Shelton and Cedric remember they don't like each other so they keep trying to 1 up each other to gain Lashley's favor. They keep doing this until MVP comes back and kicks them out of the group again.

OssMan 09-28-2021 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seph (Post 5483169)
Had to flake for a bit there. My wife was walking out of her job when a hardcore brawl erupted in the entrance. Dude was skulling people with a skillet (seriously) and then pulled out a butchers knife and was trying to stab everyone. Thankfully the wife is fine, she was far enough back when it happened that she easily got away from the fracas, but she is def shook up.

This chick work at a denny's or waffle house ?

Sepholio 09-28-2021 02:10 PM

Wally world

Rammsteinmad 10-05-2021 07:36 AM

Goldberg and Lesnar both heavily featured again. And in the same storyline no less.

Goldberg vs. Lashley with the Hurt Business. Lesnar vs. Reigns with the Bloodline or whatever they're called.

Yawn...

Mr. Nerfect 10-05-2021 08:06 AM

I still love Goldberg and Lesnar. It’s nice to have men in the house. But the reaction of the hardcore fans does poison what they could do and how they are perceived.

I think Brock and Roman is fine. Goldberg and Lashley has got a certain appeal after the improvements Lashley has made. But let’s say the Saudi oppressors want a Jewish guy to win at Crown Jewel because of PR reasons. I don’t even think it helps Goldberg.

I’d rather see Goldberg in lower profile stuff more often than him losing WWE Title matches to try and get another guy over. What’s wrong with him Spearing Elias on a B PPV? That would be fine and dandy.

They find their patterns with these guys and some fans either genuinely don’t like it or resist it on the basis that they think they can predict it. I hope they break that with them. I’ve got a feeling that Brock is going to eventually do more as he approaches the end of this big money run. I think he’ll be champion to put over Gable Steveson, and if that’s Brock’s farewell (at least as one of two of the most important wrestlers in the company), I hope he does a few TV matches to bring that up a little bit before doing the honors.

drave 10-05-2021 08:20 AM

As a "former" regular viewer of WWE - I can say that personally Goldberg brings nothing to draw me back in. I dunno if it is because I used to be a "hardcore" fan and know what's what with him, but yeah..... nothing. It'll be the same song and dance, unfortunately.

That, I believe was the main reason I stopped weekly watching. It definitely was too predictable, then you added the terribad camera work on top of it and it made it way less attractive to consume.

I would love to see some new blood get elevated, like Elias for example. He has a great look with an easily marketable gimmick.... give the dude some tv time.

drave 10-05-2021 12:22 PM

Wait, so Seth Rollins is just The Miz now?

edit: OOH! And he got to say the s-word for poopy!!!!!

ruh-roh guys.....

#1-norm-fan 10-05-2021 12:43 PM

Lol I heard WWE has decided to say “shit” occasionally now. Apparently Steiner’s kid forced one in on NXT too? Lovely.

drave 10-05-2021 01:17 PM

But it's DEFINITELY not because of any other wrestling promotion with national exposure doing it too, right?

#1-norm-fan 10-05-2021 03:53 PM

Forcing the word “shit” into promos to be edgy is the bee’s knees nowadays. All the kids are doing it. Smart of Vince to jump on the trend.

Mr. Nerfect 10-05-2021 04:23 PM

The forced swearing is one of the worst things about wrestling. I’ve noticed it before when it’s cropped up in promos, but it sounds so juvenile. Not even a talker like Jericho can smooth it over. Feels like a naughty kid on the playground looking around to make sure no one is listening before saying “...shit!”

Just talk like an adult that has some sort of on-air experience and doesn’t need to resort to naughty language to try and pass themselves off as cool. You will actually look edgier than the dorks who fall back on it.

There are also still a lot of religious families in the US, or just the types of people who don’t like swearing, especially if it’s awkward and insecure. I know that growing up, my mother wouldn’t be too keen on me watching a show where dudes said “shit” every two seconds. It just makes it a harder slog, and that cannot be good for relationships with the advertisers and sponsors.

It’s just unnecessary. Stop it.

#1-norm-fan 10-05-2021 04:42 PM

It’s only been like a year since they had a man running around the ring to choo choo train sound effects. You can’t be “edgy” adult entertainment and try to appeal directly to grade-schoolers at the same time. They gotta work on this identity crisis.

Mr. Nerfect 10-05-2021 05:09 PM

Kevin Dunn still being there at all is weird. With so many plainly stupid things, you’d think Vince, even if he likes them all in conception, for whatever reason, would have eventually defenestrated him for something over the years.

Remember when The Usos would say “locked down” and then a cage would slide onto the screen? How that goes onto SmackDown and Vince then doesn’t feel like an idiot because Kevin Dunn let him do it? I just can’t make sense of that.

#1-norm-fan 10-05-2021 05:13 PM

I remember that Usos video. It was bush league. My TPWW classic wrestling watch-along pre-show effects are miles better.

Mr. Nerfect 10-05-2021 05:22 PM

1.86 million viewers for this show. 1.93 million for the first two hours.

#1-norm-fan 10-05-2021 05:27 PM

I WISH! I think we fell short of our record though. We may have hit 8. Not sure where you got those numbers from.

screech 10-05-2021 08:28 PM

Oh man I forgot about the train sounds lol

Evil Vito 10-05-2021 08:31 PM

The cartoon CGI graphics they use in entrances look lame as fuck too. Show the tron if you want but you don’t need anything else.

Actually come to think, wrestlers haven’t had live action trons in ages.

Orton’s has just said IN MY VEINS for like 7 years

Sepholio 10-05-2021 08:35 PM

How can you not love watching a flock of rainbow colored birds fly out of Matt Riddles butt whenever he jumps into the air to kick his flippy floppys into the crowd?

drave 10-06-2021 07:54 AM

It looks like horrible CGI from the early 00's or whenever that took off. I always end up thinking about the cartoon called "reboot".

It is not good.

Lock Jaw 10-06-2021 09:38 AM

Hey, ReBoot was great

Mr. Nerfect 10-06-2021 10:09 AM

Some of them don’t look too bad in that live sports kind of way. When they’re just a logo or something. It doesn’t lend itself to movement.

Mr. Nerfect 10-06-2021 10:09 AM

Pretty sure Reboot was early 90’s.

James Steele 10-06-2021 10:36 AM

WWE is too overproduced. Not enough grit for a product based around violence.

drave 10-06-2021 11:08 AM

Reboot was great, and it was in the 90s for sure. Point being, 2021 CGI shouldn't look like shitty CGI from the 90s, especially when you have the money.

XL 10-12-2021 08:24 AM

So Raw was on last night…

2 huge tag matches, one set up at the opening of the show, one advertised heavily throughout the show, both featuring rivals teaming together, both ending in non-finishes when the rivals started fighting each other.

Very creative.

XL 10-12-2021 08:38 AM

These tournaments are also trash.

SmackDown’s side of the Women’s bracket features 2 Raw talents (and both heels), Raw’s side features 1 SD talent too. For the mens, again, the Raw side features 2 SD bound talents, though the entire field was made up of SD talent to begin with. They’ve set up a semi-final on SmackDown that one of the guys can’t win because he’s not allowed in the country to compete in the final - which would be an interesting wrinkle in Zayn’s conspiracy victim gimmick if not for the fact that WWE can’t possibly reference it. Just a mess.

drave 10-12-2021 09:57 AM

oh damn, no posts in the raw thread either

Evil Vito 10-12-2021 12:46 PM

Lol the total match time for the entire first round of the women’s tournament was 8 minutes and 12 seconds.

On the SmackDown portion of the tourney, Roman’s entrance was longer than both women’s matches combined

Bad News Gertner 10-12-2021 02:04 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">When you get the first alert that someone clicked the tip jar on your profile <a href="https://t.co/Cha6JMxtRj">pic.twitter.com/Cha6JMxtRj</a></p>&mdash; WCW Deep Cuts (@DeepCutsWCW) <a href="https://twitter.com/DeepCutsWCW/status/1447979529255985157?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

drave 10-13-2021 09:10 AM

Regal's the best

Lock Jaw 10-13-2021 12:13 PM

https://c.tenor.com/Bk1nOmG3v1gAAAAC...-regal-wwe.gif

drave 10-13-2021 12:20 PM

That's right Jaw of Lockington - he is better than Christian.

Lock Jaw 10-13-2021 12:36 PM

Hard to compete with a real man's man like that