TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What shows are you watching? (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=133381)

Seanny One Ball 03-05-2022 11:19 AM

The dazzling peach Crab-Apple!

GD 03-05-2022 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball (Post 5529618)
You don’t always have to give the world proof that you are bad at everything, Dave.

That's alright. I have a popular thread that's almost 60 pages to compensate for that ;)

GD 03-05-2022 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball (Post 5529617)
Schitt’s Creek grabbed me forever when Moira Rose did the fruit wine commercial.
That is genuinely brilliant comedy. Catherine O’Hara is an improv God though so what did I expect. Her and Eugene Levy together in Christopher Guest films always feels like cheating. It’s a guaranteed laugh every single time.

I’m fucking angry at myself, Supreme.

What was I afraid of?

To be fair, the show's hella gay.

Seanny One Ball 03-05-2022 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GD (Post 5529621)
That's alright. I have a popular thread that's almost 60 pages to compensate for that ;)

That’s a bit like somebody saying Charlie Chaplin was clumsy.
What was my mission statement when I let you make that thread, Dave?

GD 03-05-2022 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball (Post 5529633)
That’s a bit like somebody saying Charlie Chaplin was clumsy.
What was my mission statement when I let you make that thread, Dave?

I’m not entirely comfortable stating that in public. Some things are best left unsaid…

Seanny One Ball 03-05-2022 12:31 PM

Liar.

Entertainment not success.

AguileraSZN 03-05-2022 05:15 PM

Match Of The Day on in 15 minutes

Supreme Olajuwon 03-05-2022 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball (Post 5529617)
Schitt’s Creek grabbed me forever when Moira Rose did the fruit wine commercial.
That is genuinely brilliant comedy. Catherine O’Hara is an improv God though so what did I expect. Her and Eugene Levy together in Christopher Guest films always feels like cheating. It’s a guaranteed laugh every single time.

I’m fucking angry at myself, Supreme.

What was I afraid of?

People are turned off by Dan Levy because he’s “a bit much” but everything else in the show is A+ stuff.

Ol Dirty Dastard 03-05-2022 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supreme Olajuwon (Post 5529775)
People are turned off by Dan Levy because he’s “a bit much” but everything else in the show is A+ stuff.

Dan is pretty damned funny. COME ON.

Seanny One Ball 03-05-2022 08:44 PM

He’s right though.

Obviously now I realise Dan Levy is a comedic genius just like his father but at first, he put me off the show.

Ol Dirty Dastard 03-05-2022 08:48 PM

He's such a great butt-of-the-joke character.

Seanny One Ball 03-05-2022 08:50 PM

That’s a bigoted remark about a Gaiman.

Seanny One Ball 03-05-2022 10:13 PM

Eugene Levy’s speech in the restaurant at the end of season two is beautiful man.
Funny stuff with a big heart.

It’s all coming together.
I bet season 3 is even better.

This is now up there with The Office. I’m saying it.
It has big fucking balls for a comedy that looks safe.
There’s an episode about how nude leaks are a good thing(but only if you are old and the nudes are really too class from your younger years).

Smart, excellent performance comedy.

Seanny One Ball 03-05-2022 10:14 PM

All down to two anchoring performances by the best two improv-comics in the game.

Seanny One Ball 03-06-2022 06:07 AM

Season three is great. Typical.

The best part so far is the bad motel review episode. That’s just gravy all over my mashed potatoes.

Supreme Olajuwon 03-06-2022 08:51 PM

Eugene Levy, Catherine O’Hara, and Chris Elliott are all time comedic talents. But what really sets this show over the top are that the rest of the ensemble is great too.

OssMan 03-06-2022 09:16 PM

Righteous Gemstones is good... that guy has played the same character in like 3 straight shows though and I think at this point they've gotta move away from saying stuff like "doing jackoffs" even though it's funny

Seanny One Ball 03-07-2022 03:04 PM

Danny McBride was funny for a while but he’s essentially what you get when a Rob Riggle or David Koechner gets put in the starring role.

Seanny One Ball 03-08-2022 07:19 PM

I’m going to give Doom Patrol a proper go.
Starting from the beginning again.

Tudyk deserve it.

Lock Jaw 03-08-2022 07:53 PM

Ohhhhh yeah, I still need to finish S3

Seanny One Ball 03-08-2022 09:11 PM

It’s pretty good but it’s very loud and the tone still doesn’t sit right with me.
It should either be a lot more or a lot less silly. It swings between cheesy comedy and mediocre drama too often for any of the darker parts to shine through properly.

Seanny One Ball 03-08-2022 09:12 PM

Grant Morrison using “They” pronouns now. Singular but still queer. He was always a creep anyway, wee magical fanny.

Seanny One Ball 03-08-2022 09:13 PM

It would be funny if he transitioned just so the Wachowski’s could finally say he stole one of their ideas.

El Vaquero de Infierno 03-14-2022 05:09 PM

Finished Peacemaker. Along with Gunn's Suicide Squad, it is the best thing DC has put out in some time (I haven't watched the new Batman film, yet, so my opinion might change). Saying that, I did find the occasional identity politics nonsense a bit grating.

I have also been rewatching the first season of West Wing. I always forget how snappy the script was, especially in the early seasons. I'd also forgotten how preachy it could be, as well, but its fairly lightweight compared to what they peddle today.

Lock Jaw 03-14-2022 08:44 PM

It was added to Disney+ and I had nothing better to do so I watched the first two episode of "How I Met Your Father" and damn, is it ever terrible.....

Seanny One Ball 03-14-2022 08:54 PM

On to season 3 of Doom Patrol.

I’m glad I stuck with this. I just wish season one and three were half as good as season two. Season two is so fantastic that it made me re-think Grant Morrison. Maybe he is a creepy weirdo but which comic book guy isn’t?! Danny The Street ffs… Now that is funky shit. I pretty much just loved the character Dorothy so much that it made the show brilliant to me. That character’s interactions with the people and world around her should have been the main focus of the show from the start. Also she looks more canine than an ape.

Still, easily the best emotive character and performance in the show. She’s great.

Seanny One Ball 03-14-2022 08:57 PM

Hang on…

What age do girls first get their periods?

The show says she’s 100 or thereabouts… in dog years she’d be 14.

What is the exchange rate for apes?

I am onto something I think….

Sepholio 03-15-2022 01:09 AM

What you drinking tonight Seanny?

I'm watching Stargate SG-1 again. Just came across recommended on Netflix randomly and tempted me. I couldn't say no.

Seanny One Ball 03-15-2022 06:17 AM

Don’t encourage me

ron the dial 03-15-2022 12:27 PM

watching through monk for the first time. tony shalhoub is brilliant at delivering everything. i also love that the show will let a joke sit and linger way past the point of comfort sometimes. ALSO a completely insane guest spot by korn in an episode that i still am convinced i hallucinated.

Lock Jaw 03-21-2022 12:56 AM

Watched the first episode of The Boys: Diabolical.... was pretty good... like Looney Tunes but if the violence actually had gruesome consequences

Lock Jaw 03-21-2022 01:36 AM

Episode 4 like a mini Black Mirror episode....

Lock Jaw 03-21-2022 02:36 AM

Was only intending to watch 1 or 2 and go to bed but ended up watching all 8 episodes... whoops....

Triple A 03-21-2022 03:42 AM

Watching Mad Men for the first time... in the middle of season 4, enjoying it

Feel like season 1 was "not that good" but the show has gotten way better in season 3 and 4 especially

Much less Betty Draper now is good... boring / unlikeable character when there was so much focus on her...

Lock Jaw 03-21-2022 01:14 PM

Yeah, always hear that about Mad Men.... I tried to watch it once "back in the day"... watched the first two or three episodes or something.... but I was just coming off of Breaking Bad which was like "wow, this has me hooked from episode 1", so I wasn't really feeling having to deal with Mad Men "slowly getting better".....

El Vaquero de Infierno 03-22-2022 04:54 PM

I've watched the first episode of Star Trek Discovery's season 4, and I don't think I can continue. The Burnham character is so smug and sanctimonious that I want to put myself head first through a triple-glazed window. Not even Captain Janeway made me feel like that.

I want Strange New Worlds to be great, but I can't shake the feeling it is going to be a shitshow like Discovery and Picard. It might be time to step away from ST for the next decade or so.

I think I will watch the second season of Raised by Wolves instead; I might rewatch the first season beforehand.

drave 03-23-2022 08:03 AM

Yeah, bailed on Discovery mid way through S2.

GD 03-23-2022 08:31 AM

Seinfeld

Lock Jaw 03-23-2022 09:02 AM

Never even started S2 of Discovery.....

Have S2 of Picard waiting on my DVR but dunno....

Seanny One Ball 03-23-2022 09:56 AM

Watch “Our Flag Means Death”.

Taika Waititi plays Blackbeard and Rhys Darby plays Stede Bonnet the Gentleman Pirate. It’s a pirate comedy loosely based on real life and it’s pretty good. It’s not close to Taika’s directorial output but it is good use of him as an actor. He really kicks it up a notch in terms of credibility.