TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Anime Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=80720)

drave 03-02-2022 10:29 AM

Apparently the entire Funimation library will be coming to Crunchyroll, finally. They finalized the deal in 2021, and now content takeover is beginning.

https://www.androidauthority.com/cru...erger-3124888/

Destor 03-02-2022 06:39 PM

yeah ill have to migrate soon

Tom Guycott 03-03-2022 03:01 AM

I'm just wondering if VRV will be an automatic migration, manual migration, or treated like it never existed at all.

Sepholio 05-02-2022 12:56 AM

Oh my I don't know where I've been but Overlord is finally coming back in July and I could not be more hyped. Ainz Ooal Gown for the fucking win.

Sepholio 06-18-2022 11:26 AM

Yoooooooo....NEW TRIGUN BITCHESSSSSSSSS

Destor 06-18-2022 04:33 PM

trigun is my fav anime of all time but...the recentish film was not good... and if its a continuation... well i dont want that at all.

Destor 06-18-2022 04:35 PM

and the manga was adapted perfectly on the first go so a retelling wouldnt work for me either...

Destor 06-18-2022 04:36 PM

i dunno...dont fuck with perfection

Destor 06-18-2022 05:03 PM

oh its fucking CG. gross

Fignuts 06-19-2022 12:00 PM

I miss 90's animation.

Destor 06-19-2022 07:34 PM

cgi is NEARLY able to replicate hand drawn...so soon maybe things will look right

Tom Guycott 06-19-2022 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5558330)
I miss 90's animation.

I wish someone purposefully would go back to the style where everyone looked like they were either from Robotech or Fist of the North Star.

http://kidfenris.com/elvientoending2.png
And yes, I did just use a Sega Genesis game cutscene to illustrate my point.

Fignuts 06-25-2022 02:45 PM

Berserk manga will continue.

Kouji Mori, who was Miura's childhood friend will continue the series. He is the only person who Miura ever told the full berserk story to, including the ending.

Miura's manga studio, along with all Miura's assistants will also be on the project.

So hyped. I held off on buying the big dark horse omnibuses after Miura's death, but I think I'll be getting them now.

ClockShot 07-10-2022 11:06 AM

Kazuki Takahashi. The creator of Yu-Gi-Oh has died from mysterious circumstances.

His body was found off the coast of Okinawa. He was in snorkeling gear and by the time his body was found, had been dead for a few days.

Fignuts 07-10-2022 03:48 PM

Tried watching Bastard! on netflix. Seems generic as fuck.

And I don't need all animation to be on the level of Demon Slayer but holy fuck is it bland here.

Destor 07-10-2022 04:03 PM

I like the unapologetically sexy waifus. I have no other compliments

Fignuts 07-10-2022 04:08 PM

Of course. Plenty of those in better shows, though.

Japan doesn't have same hangups that we do in that regard.

Fignuts 08-03-2022 07:06 PM

Started watching Overlord. Had no idea the guy who voiced Cooler and Dr. Gero in DBZ Abridged was an actual voice actor. So weird hearing him here.

McLegend 08-03-2022 07:46 PM

A few of them have had roles in anime. I know they were in a “newer” DBZ movie I just don’t remember which one.

Sepholio 08-04-2022 05:10 AM

lol how did I not know The Devil Is A Part Timer has a second season going?

Shadow 08-04-2022 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5569732)
Started watching Overlord. Had no idea the guy who voiced Cooler and Dr. Gero in DBZ Abridged was an actual voice actor. So weird hearing him here.

Where do you think some of these guys get their start? Doing stuff like DBZA and other fan projects to raise their profiles. Also helps he's a Texan native so Funimation can just grab him up and put him to work.

Tom Guycott 08-28-2022 11:14 PM

Everything you just summarized is kind of awesome in the grand scheme of things.

I mean, in the span of about 30 years, we've gone from Western distributors essentially sending random office workers into broom closets with shitty recording equipment to read choppy translations as best they can in prob'ly a single take on the relative handful of titles that even made the trip across the Pacific.

Didn't even bother crossing over voice actors from the Saturday morning cartoon industry here at all for the English dubs (unless it's a "big budget" deal like Akira or Armitage III, and most of the time there, they went straight for actual film actors instead of what would seem to be a natural fit), and now, English voice actors for anime is an actual professional industry with their own recognized names.

Fignuts 08-29-2022 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 5569896)
Where do you think some of these guys get their start? Doing stuff like DBZA and other fan projects to raise their profiles. Also helps he's a Texan native so Funimation can just grab him up and put him to work.

I assumed commercials and smaller additional voice roles?

Sepholio 10-10-2022 12:29 PM

BLEACH

ClockShot 10-11-2022 06:54 AM

Hearing Chainsaw Man is something I can't miss.

Sepholio 10-13-2022 03:30 AM

I don't want to make a new thread for this so I'm putting it here because whatever, I'll do what I want.

So I'm guessing everyone has heard about the new Scooby-Doo series, Velma. I've noticed people freaking out online about Velma being a lesbian, but like...I always thought that was kinda obvious. But man, now the internet is really getting pissy with this one because Velma is also apparently southern Asian...and Daphne is now east Asian...oh and Shaggy now goes by his real name, Norville, and is a black guy with dreads. Kinda funny watching all these meltdowns.

But then they did something to this new series that has made me jump on the "Fuck this show!" bandwagon.

There is no Scooby Doo. A Scooby Doo series....with no Scooby Doo.

Fuck. That.

Fignuts 10-13-2022 01:25 PM

Velma being an asian lesbian is fine. I don't even care that daphney is also asian. But it sounds like they changed shaggy to the point where its just like, why even bother? Make him a new character. And no scooby sounds dumb.

Not going to meltdown or anything over it, but I do find it all very silly.

Fignuts 10-20-2022 06:53 PM

God damn the new bleach is good. Animation looks fantastic and hoo boy they aren't censoring anything this time.

Cannot wait for some of the bigger fights down the line.

Sepholio 10-20-2022 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5583766)
Velma being an asian lesbian is fine. I don't even care that daphney is also asian. But it sounds like they changed shaggy to the point where its just like, why even bother? Make him a new character. And no scooby sounds dumb.

Not going to meltdown or anything over it, but I do find it all very silly.

I'm honestly waiting for the SJWs gushing over this now start turning on it because they made the useless druggy a black guy. Gonna be hilarious. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the character entirely and now he's a super smart straight edge guy to avoid this exact scenario.

Sepholio 10-20-2022 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 5585284)
God damn the new bleach is good. Animation looks fantastic and hoo boy they aren't censoring anything this time.

Cannot wait for some of the bigger fights down the line.

Yessir. I'm also pleasantly surprised at just how much it feels like the original show. If you went straight from episode 366 to this, I feel like you wouldn't even know that a decade has passed and that its a new series. They did a hell of a job.

Fignuts 10-31-2022 12:47 AM

Chainsaw Man is super fucking dumb and i'm all in on it.

Talk about making a case for CGI. This is right up there with Demon Slayer.

Fignuts 11-01-2022 11:18 PM

...meanwhile Arifureta has some of the worst cgi I've seen in anything.

Looks like live action spawn.

Sepholio 11-02-2022 12:57 AM

Arifuretas CGI is way better in season 2. Season 1 was a huge mess because they had to basically hire an entire new team and redo the animation for the entire season at the very last second. Forget why they did that, but basically the budget had been blown on the first design and they were left with very little money for the redo and no time to work on it.

Fignuts 11-02-2022 03:12 AM

Dude just anally violated a dragon and she liked it.

What in the actual fuck

Sepholio 11-02-2022 05:14 AM

hahaha yeah that was pretty wtf wasn't it?

Sepholio 11-02-2022 07:44 PM

new bleach is soooooo good

Fignuts 11-02-2022 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sepholio (Post 5587450)
Arifuretas CGI is way better in season 2. Season 1 was a huge mess because they had to basically hire an entire new team and redo the animation for the entire season at the very last second. Forget why they did that, but basically the budget had been blown on the first design and they were left with very little money for the redo and no time to work on it.

Not sure I'll make it that far. I have the same problem I did with Overlord in that the main character is massively overpowered, removing any stakes or tension. But at least that guy was likable. This dude is prick. And not in a fun charasmatic way. Hes just boring and unlikeable.

I think the premise has incredible potential. An inept, weak pussy gets stranded in a hellish dungeon, and against all odds develops the drive and the skills to survive. Except they blow through that entire journey in the first couple episodes. Hell, he already seems nigh invincible before the first episode is over. You could have stretched out his time in the labrynth for an enrire season. Such a waste.

Fignuts 11-02-2022 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sepholio (Post 5587570)
new bleach is soooooo good

The animation and production really is excellent. And we haven't even gotten to any of the really cool moments yet.

ClockShot 11-06-2022 06:06 PM

I was hoping Ittoki the Ninja would be some kind of quasi follow up to Basilisk.

Not the case it seems. But I'll stick with it and see how it rolls.

Destor 11-06-2022 10:36 PM

Im about to start 2004s "Monster" once it delivers. Ive heard itsa GOAT tier show so im really looking forward to it