TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Marvel Universe Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=64942)

Kalyx triaD 04-02-2010 12:01 AM

Sebastian Stan is Captain America's Bucky. I wonder if he knows what he's getting into with that character. Or maybe he does...

Fignuts 04-02-2010 12:30 AM

Yeah, wonder if they will go the traditional bucky, or the retconned assasin scout bucky. Guessing the latter, as these movie adaptations have to be based in reality on some level. And the concept of classic bucky is beyond ridiculous.

Kalyx triaD 04-02-2010 12:33 AM

I am a fan of Winter Soldier.

Fignuts 04-02-2010 12:36 AM

I think you'd have to be nuts, not to be. I have every trade, from the first volume of winter soldier, to the third volume of death of captain america. Absolutely brilliant series, since brubaker took over. Although I'm hoping Bucky is still cap, and rogers takes a back seat after siege is over.

Kalyx triaD 04-02-2010 12:42 AM

Yeah, let's have some sense of graduation going. Not like the DC's big dump on Dick Grayson this summer.

Fignuts 04-02-2010 12:54 AM

Why, what's going on? I figured Bruce would come back, but did they say he would be batman again? Doesn't really make sense, with all the second-gen heroes making up the new justice league and everything.

Kalyx triaD 04-02-2010 01:02 AM

The promos for the Return of Bruce Wayne story arc shows "Batman" at the end of a line of pics showing Bruce across time. It seems like he'll be Batman again.

I would love if he adopted a role similar to Batman Beyond Bruce, which would be like Babs and her Birds of Prey team.

Fignuts 04-02-2010 01:16 AM

Yeah no, Dick Grayson should stay batman.

Skippord 04-02-2010 01:17 AM

I don't like Dick Grayson

Bruce Wayne should be Batman forever

Fignuts 04-02-2010 01:24 AM

Nah, it's kind of a breath of fresh air for the character. For robin too, considering that Damien is such a creepy little bastard.

Kalyx triaD 04-02-2010 01:37 AM

Damien's the coolest addition to the DC Universe in years.

Lock Jaw 04-02-2010 01:48 AM

I used to hate him, but ever since he became Robin he has been top notch. His appearances in Batgirl have been pretty hilarious.

Kalyx triaD 04-02-2010 02:07 AM

Yeah he definitely needs some team-up series with Stephanie Brown. They make a humorous pair, the new Spidey/Wolverine - and if they take it far enough - Deadpool/Cable hilarity. There was time when Damien and Steph clashed and Dick came in and said they were both off the case. Damien looks at Steph and laughs in her face like an annoying little brother. There was another time when Damien told Steph, flat out to her face, "I wanna stab you."

That is truly Bruce's kid.

Lock Jaw 04-02-2010 02:19 AM

Still wanna know where the old Batgirl went off to.

... And why are we talking about this in a Marvel thread?

Someone should make a Comic Book Social Group or something. Not me, though... cause I'm lazy.

Fignuts 04-02-2010 02:22 AM

Dunno. Social groups tend to get forgotten. This thread doesn't.

Also wtf at DC pumping out batgirls like crazy.

dronepool 04-02-2010 02:28 AM

Done

http://www.tpww.net/forums/group.php?groupid=173

Kalyx triaD 04-02-2010 03:11 AM

Barbara Gordon, first Batgirl, shot by Joker. Currently managing Birds of Prey, a team consisting of Black Canary and Huntress. She also personally mentors the current Batgirl much as Bruce did Terry in Batman Beyond.

Cassandra Cain, second Batgirl, retired due to bad writing. She was badass, but certain story arcs left her messed up and DC stripped her of her role. She'll be back though, maybe the next Lady Shiva?

Stephanie Brown, formally Spoiler and Robin the Girl Wonder and currently Batgirl. Went through a lot of shit so I honestly feel like she deserves the mantle. Love the costume.

That's merely three Batgirls since Batgirl was created. Calm down.

The Destroyer 04-02-2010 05:32 AM

Huntress was Batgirl for a time before Cassandra Cain took over the role as well.

Kalyx triaD 04-02-2010 05:36 AM

For like... nine seconds, but yeah.

Fignuts 04-02-2010 01:37 PM

And you forgot the lesbian batgirl. The one with the red and black outfit.

parkmania 04-02-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 3007922)
And you forgot the lesbian batgirl. The one with the red and black outfit.

Nah, that's BatWoman.

Fignuts 04-02-2010 01:56 PM

oh ffs same thing.

Fignuts 04-02-2010 01:56 PM

That's like excusing a second batman by calling him Batguy.

Lock Jaw 04-02-2010 03:33 PM

Batwoman's stuff in Detective Comics has actually been pretty Awesome. She's getting her own series soon, too.

Kalyx triaD 04-03-2010 05:58 AM

Batwoman is not a Batgirl. She was gonna be Barbara Gordon's return as the new Batwoman but DC liked her role as Oracle better.

I gotta admit Babs returning to action would have been fucking awesome.

Rammsteinmad 04-03-2010 10:12 AM

How did 'Marvel Movie News' turn into a discussion about Batman lol?

Kalyx triaD 04-03-2010 10:31 AM

Fate takes us strange places.

Indifferent Clox 04-03-2010 10:51 AM

So does the crazy taxi

Fignuts 04-03-2010 06:34 PM

I don't care if she's called bat woman. She's a female bat character, and that's all that matters. Pick one and stick to it.

Kalyx triaD 04-03-2010 06:46 PM

No. There's Batgirl and Batwoman. It's easy. Sort of like Superboy and Superman. Wonder Girl and Wonder Wonder. Why should they stick to one if hero families are their thing? Seems like a silly thing to be pissy about.

And she's a lesbian.

Fignuts 04-03-2010 07:34 PM

No problem with female counterparts. Just think it's silly to keep changing who they are.

And I'm pretty sure the lesbian one was a teenager, so she had no business calling herself batwoman anyway.

Kalyx triaD 04-03-2010 08:09 PM

The lesbian Batwoman is... a woman. Batwoman was only ever a woman, never a teenaged Batwoman. And passing the mantle is another DC Universe stable (mostly teased, though). There really wasn't so many Batgirl's (see earlier post). Plenty of Robins though.

Fignuts 04-03-2010 09:48 PM

Just seemed like lesbo didn't get a fair shake.

Lock Jaw 04-03-2010 10:42 PM

As I said, the lebo's stories in Detective Comics have been fantastic.

Scratch what I said about her getting a series, though. Seems Greg Rucka is leaving DC to work on other stuff. Too bad, because he's one of their very best.

Rammsteinmad 04-05-2010 03:47 AM

Saw Kick-Ass last night, fucking awesome film. Really good and loyal to the comics.

Plus, Kick-Ass's girlfriend = :drool:

Kalyx triaD 04-05-2010 06:10 AM

Must watch.

Kalyx triaD 04-05-2010 11:46 AM

So there's been some shake-ups in the Red Sonja production and Rose McGowen may be out (she has been cast in Conan, however). A rumored as been given to Megan "She's popular?" Fox, in an act of terrible casting by the studio. I hope none of this is true as I was ready and willing to see Rose take on the part.

Having said that, I wonder if Red Sonja and Conan will be connected somehow, it would full circle as far as the character's histories go.

Shadow 04-05-2010 01:14 PM

Why would you put the sultry hot brunette in a movie called Red Sonja?

I know Megan Fox is hot but not in a Red Sonja way.

Kalyx triaD 04-05-2010 02:01 PM

Storm having white hair didn't stop them from casting Halle Berry. But I have more issues with this casting than hair color. Megan Fox just doesn't say 'barbarian bitch, killer of armies' to me.

Fignuts 04-05-2010 02:24 PM

They should get Elizabeth Lambert.

Kalyx triaD 04-05-2010 05:49 PM

The Runaways is going down. They're looking for a director now.

Quote:

The Breakfast Club with superheroes.

Lock Jaw 04-05-2010 05:53 PM

Runaways was supposedly going down a long time ago.

Fignuts 04-05-2010 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock Jaw (Post 3012016)
Runaways was supposedly going down a long time ago.

Kept getting this project confused with the upcoming movie about the band.

Was never a fan of the book. Tried to get into it a couple times, and it just never hooked me at all.

Kalyx triaD 04-05-2010 06:27 PM

Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist helmer Peter Sollett to direct Runaways.

Lock Jaw 04-05-2010 06:33 PM

Their long search is over?

Anyways, I was a big fan of the first volume of Runaways. With each subsequent relaunch it has become worse.

Hopefully the movie adapts the first volume.

Kalyx triaD 04-05-2010 06:42 PM

Actually the deal was being made even before I posted about the search.

I'M FALLING BEHIND

Rammsteinmad 04-05-2010 07:47 PM

Michelle Rodriguez auditioned for Red Sonja but got turned down coz she insisted on having guns in it.

:shifty:

Fignuts 04-05-2010 07:48 PM

lol

Kalyx triaD 04-05-2010 07:50 PM

I'd lick Michelle Rodriquez' back.

Reavant 04-05-2010 10:37 PM

apparently she licked Kano's cock

Kalyx triaD 04-06-2010 10:37 AM

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/im...5115040606.jpg

Rammsteinmad 04-06-2010 04:06 PM

Who're waving at?

Kalyx triaD 04-08-2010 02:14 AM

http://cache-01.gawkerassets.com/ass...705cce8673.jpghttp://cache-04.gawkerassets.com/ass...3d1802a99d.jpghttp://cache-05.gawkerassets.com/ass...251436314f.jpghttp://cache-10.gawkerassets.com/ass...87fd3cd853.jpg

Kalyx triaD 04-08-2010 11:27 AM

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/im...1270732912.jpg

Viral marketing from an Iron Man 2 promotional site. But... isn't it a little late for this kind of thing for Iron Man 2 promotion? And that letter A is kinda stylish...

Rammsteinmad 04-08-2010 11:46 AM

Is that 'A' from Iron Man 2? Awesome!

parkmania 04-08-2010 07:07 PM

Looks a LOT like the Avengers' A.

Rammsteinmad 04-09-2010 10:44 AM

AccuTech Assemble!

Kalyx triaD 04-10-2010 09:35 PM

Logan Lerman just might be the new Spider-Man. Maybe. Who knows.

parkmania 04-12-2010 01:30 PM

Not exactly Marvel news but...

Taylor Kitsch, who played Gambit in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, has been tapped to portray Naval Commander Alex Hopper, a high-spirited officer who is a much better seaman than politician in Universal’s film based on the Hasbro game Battleship. Kitsch is currently shooting John Carter of Mars in London. He is playing Edgar Rice Burroughs’ eponymous hero in what will certainly be a major science fiction “tentpole” release in 2011.

Now Kitsch has also enlisted in Battleship, another major production with science fiction overtones. The film re-teams him with director Peter Berg, who produced the Friday Night Lights TV series that helped bring Kitsch to prominence. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the script for Battleship by Erich and Jon Hoeber has “drawn heat from some quarters” for introducing science fiction elements, namely an alien invasion, into what was, in its original format, strictly a game of naval combat.

Lock Jaw 04-12-2010 01:37 PM

A movie based on "Battleship"? Rrreally.

They have to have a scene with dramatic explosions, and with this bitter old dude screaming "You sunk my Battleship!"

Reavant 04-12-2010 06:51 PM

a film version of battleship with aliens... awesome

Jon Kano 04-12-2010 07:11 PM

I would rather see a film version of Monopoly to be honest, with Sir Ben Kingsley as a psychotic Monopoly guy.

parkmania 04-12-2010 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Kano (Post 3022869)
I would rather see a film version of Monopoly to be honest, with Sir Ben Kingsley as a psychotic Monopoly guy.

From icv2.com:

'Monopoly,' 'Magic' Movies on Tap?
Universal Pacts With Hasbro
Published: 02/20/2008 12:00am
Universal Pictures and Hasbro have announced a six-year strategic partnership to produce four motion pictures based on Hasbro properties such as Monopoly, Magic the Gathering, Candy Land, Clue, Battleship, and Stretch Armstrong. Under the agreement Universal will have exclusive movie rights to Hasbro properties with the notable exceptions of Transformers and G.I. Joe (both of which have already been licensed for the big screen by Paramount).

The first movie from this agreement is slated for release in 2010 or 2011, and Universal will release at least one movie a year thereafter. The enormous success of Paramount's live action Transformers was undoubtedly the driving force behind this agreement, which will allow Universal to mine Hasbro properties for box office gold.

Sony to Make 'Risk'
Movie Based on Boardgame
Published: 11/05/2009 01:13am
Sony Pictures Entertainment has acquired the film rights to the boardgame Risk from Hasbro, according to Variety.

Hasbro has been aggressively peddling its game properties to Hollywood; it’s already got Ouija (see “Lost Scribes on Board for Ouija”) and Battleship in development as the first in a six-picture deal with Universal (see “Monopoly, Magic Movies on Tap?”).

As the game-to-film path is a relatively new development (although there has been a Clue movie), it will be interesting to see how the films relate back to the core IP, and whether movies based on games will actually stimulate game play.

'Transformers' Scribes on 'View-Master' Movie
What's Next--'Easy Bake Chronicles: Fall of the Pound Cake'?
Published: 07/06/2009, Last Updated: 07/07/2009 12:52pm
Dreamworks is negotiating to obtain the screen rights to the View-Master toy line from Mattel. The studio is attempting to get the white-hot screenwriting team of Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman (Star Trek, Transformers, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen) to work a little Transformers-like magic on the View-Master property.

According to The Hollywood Reporter Brad Caleb Kane, who has worked with Orci and Kurtzman on the Fringe TV series, is slated to write the script with Orci and Kurtzman producing. All sorts of classic games and toys such as Clue, Monopoly, Asteroids, Battleship, and Candyland are currently under development as feature films at various studios, so perhaps a View-Master movie is not too much of a stretch by Hollywood standards. At least the View-Master toys, which allowed viewers to flip through a series of photos (or drawings) on a circular disc, provided a 3-D effect, which links the property to the hottest gimmick in contemporary Hollywood (see the Ice Age discussion in “Dead Heat at the B.O.”).

mitchables 04-12-2010 07:16 PM

i hope the patrol boat saves the day after the aircraft carrier, destroyer, submarine and battleship are all destroyed

but i bet the battleship does it.

mitchables 04-12-2010 07:17 PM

clue was awesome. fucking love tim curry in that movie.

Lock Jaw 04-12-2010 07:20 PM

View-Master? Seriously?

Anyways, maybe we should move this talk into the Hasbro Movie News thread. :shifty:

Lock Jaw 04-12-2010 07:27 PM

Wiki says this about a Monopoly movie:

Quote:

In November 2008, Ridley Scott was announced to direct Universal Pictures' film version of the game, based on a script written by Pamela Pettler. The film will be co-produced by Hasbro's Brian Goldner, as part of a deal with Hasbro to develop movies based on the company's line of toys.[45][46] The story is being developed by author Frank Beddor.[47]
This summer... Ridley Scott presents.... Russel Crowe... as... The Monopoly Guy. With Steve Buscemi as That Creepy Guy Behind The Bars On The Jail Spot.

Rammsteinmad 04-12-2010 07:56 PM

I can picture a monopoly-based comedy called 'Get Out of Jail Free'.

Rammsteinmad 04-12-2010 07:57 PM

Fuck this shit I love this Marvel Movie Thread, why have we corrupted it with talk of fucking board game movies?!?!

Someone needs to start a Hasbro Movie Thread.

Jon Kano 04-12-2010 07:58 PM

Yeah I really don't see how you can 'base a film on Monopoly' or a game for that matter unless it already has some kind of narrative.

I mean, there are a ton of films that could be said to 'be based on' a game.

Kalyx triaD 04-13-2010 04:26 PM

I would balk at the idea of board game movies but a certain pirate themed ride turned into a blockbuster movie franchise so....

Kalyx triaD 04-13-2010 05:56 PM

Spectacular Spider-Man had a spectacular run but as many great cartoons go... it's time to move on. A new Spidey 'toon, "Ultimate Spider-Man" will debut on Disney XD in 2011. Obviously it will be based on the Ultimate comics, as well as be in line with the upcoming reboot feature.

Jeritron 04-14-2010 02:10 AM

Quote:

Joss Whedon to Direct The Avengers Source: Deadline New York, IESB April 13, 2010

Deadline New York says that Marvel Studios is moving ahead with Joss Whedon as director of The Avengers. First rumored to be on the short list by IESB, Whedon is now reportedly in final negotiations to helm the action adventure scheduled for a May 4, 2012 release.

The film would feature many of the lead actors involved in Marvel Studios adaptations right now, including Robert Downey Jr. ("Iron Man" films), Chris Evans (Captain America), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury) and more.

Paramount Pictures will distribute the film.

Lock Jaw 04-14-2010 02:17 AM

Joss Whedon directing? Welp, someone is dying in a shocking "blink and you miss it" fashion at the end of the movie!

Kalyx triaD 04-14-2010 09:49 AM

Good for him. He rocked Astonishing X-Men.

Shadow 04-14-2010 02:43 PM

The Wasp is now the main focus of the movie.

Kalyx triaD 04-14-2010 02:56 PM

Wasp/Black Widow lezzy action.

Nowhere Man 04-15-2010 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 3024479)
Spectacular Spider-Man had a spectacular run but as many great cartoons go... it's time to move on. A new Spidey 'toon, "Ultimate Spider-Man" will debut on Disney XD in 2011. Obviously it will be based on the Ultimate comics, as well as be in line with the upcoming reboot feature.

I cannot tell you how much this pisses me off.

SSM was quite honestly right up there with Batman The Animated Series and The Tick among my all-time favorite superhero series. The production values were fantastic, every single one of the voice-actors was spot-on (well, except the guy who played Kraven and couldn't do a convincing Russian accent), all the characters were extremely well-written, and every one of the fights was awesome. The fact that the last episode ended on such a downer makes it sting even more, since now half of the major plot points will never get resolved.

And it's not like they ever even gave the show a fair chance. They never bothered to advertise for it or even acknowledge that it existed while they were shoveling out crap like the Super-Hero Squad and that Iron Man: Armored Adventures show. They left the show hanging out in limbo for months on end after the second season, then announce this new show without even telling the cast or creators of SSM that it had officially been canceled.

And there really isn't anything about the new show that sounds even remotely appealing. The Ultimate Spider-Man comic went to shit about fifty issues in and never pulled itself out, and there's not even a script yet for the new movie that this is supposed to be a tie-in to. Rumor has it that the format is going to be like a 'Batman: the Brave and the Bold' sorta thing where he just teams up with different heroes every week, so all of the fun side-plots and Spidey's awesome supporting cast are gonna be out the window in favor of whatever B-lister shows up that episode.

I know it's just a cartoon and I know the new one's probably meant to be aimed at little kids, but still. It really fucking burns me when an awesome show that you can tell everyone really cared about making gets killed off for a new show that's probably just going to be another extended toy commercial.

Kalyx triaD 04-15-2010 12:34 PM

A lot of cartoons just seem to end out of nowhere. JLU was heartbreaking and I think X-Men Evolution had another season in it's tank.

Lock Jaw 04-15-2010 12:50 PM

Never seen an episode of Spectacular Spider-Man, but I might have to check it out after that sterling review from Nowhere Man.

Inadequacy 04-15-2010 12:54 PM

So it's not gonna be the same team working on the new cartoon?

Lame

The Destroyer 04-15-2010 04:39 PM

On the cartoon front, Wolverine and the X-Men has been canned as well.

Nowhere Man 04-15-2010 04:46 PM

Also lame, although not quite as much of a blow as losing SSM. I liked a lot of what they did with that show, but I wasn't crazy about a lot of things either (particularly Wolverine being the leader when Cyclops is standing right there)

Come to think of it, I'm getting really sick of this whole "make the most popular guy also the leader of the team" thing that they've been doing with these series. Both the Super-Hero Squad show and the new Avengers cartoon both have Iron Man in charge of the team instead of Captain America, half of the scripts WB/DC have been putting around for a potential Justice League movie have Batman in charge instead of Superman, etc. I get that they want to put the 'cool' member of the team front and center, but it completely defeats the purpose of having the actual lead-figure characters still hanging around.

Kalyx triaD 04-15-2010 04:50 PM

Batman is not leadership material for a team of (conceptual) equals. Superman all the way. Bruce is a dick.

Jeritron 04-15-2010 04:55 PM

I think earlier in this thread I suggested that the studio would make Iron Man the leader of The Avengers, and everyone thought I was off my rocker.

I just see it happening because of Robert Downey Jr.'s star-power, and the strength of his character in the movies, and with the public at this time.
We'll see. I didn't know about that cartoon stuff, but it's the same line of thinking I was talking about. I'm sure the same logic is at work there as I have a feeling will be when the movie rolls around.

Kalyx triaD 04-15-2010 05:05 PM

I'm guessing they're be some friction between Iron Man and Cap, one guy's flash and glamor and the other's a soldier who lost his era if time. Their dynamic seen in the Civil War series could be adapted as well. I doubt they're subjugate Stark under Cap so easily being that he's huge right now, but also consider this could be used to show how strong Cap is as a leader if he could get a few super-egos to Assemble(!).

And yeah, Cap's gotta be the guy to say it.

parkmania 04-16-2010 01:12 PM

Hayley Atwell, who starred in less-than-edifying remakes of two of the best TV series of all times, The Prisoner and Brideshead Revisited, has joined the cast of The First Avenger: Captain America. Atwell will play Peggy Carter, the gun-toting American agent who helps Captain America (Chris Evans) battle the Nazis in this origin saga set during World War II that focuses on the early days of Steve Rogers who volunteers for an experimental super soldier program that turns him into Captain America.

According to Variety, Marvel had also been considering Keira Knightly for the role, but decided to go with Atwell instead. Joe Johnston is directing the Captain America film, which begins shooting in London this summer and is slated to debut on July 22nd, 2011

Jeritron 04-17-2010 01:37 AM

I wish they'd switch the title around. The First Avenger: Captain America sounds so hokey.
Captain America: The First Avenger.

Now that seems right.

Lock Jaw 04-17-2010 01:38 AM

Thought it was that way.

Jeritron 04-17-2010 01:46 AM

I certainly hope so. I've seen it presented the other way in everything I've seen so far

Jeritron 04-17-2010 01:46 AM

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458339/

Lock Jaw 04-17-2010 02:23 AM

Well... that's kinda dumb then.

Kalyx triaD 04-18-2010 06:16 PM

The man, the master Stan Lee was at Wizard World and of course the always positive creator had much to say about the universe he helped start:

- Michael Chiklis as The Thing is his favorite casting so far.
- On Chris Evans being Cap after portraying Johnny Storm, Stan actually seemed confused by the Marvel Universe double-dip: "The problem is that some other movie companies have the rights to some of the characters but, after a few years, Marvel will get them all back... sooner or later they will get [a single movie universe], absolutely." lol Sounds like Stan likes the idea of actors punching in characters remaining such for the long haul.
- Pirates of the Caribbean is a Disney property he'd like to work on someday. We often imagine the Disney powerhouse putting their hands in Marvel's house, it's interesting that Marvel's artists may very well work on Disney properties as well.
- And speaking of that: "There's nothing to worry about. You're not going to see Iron Man with mouse eyes. The guys at Disney are almost as smart as I am!"
- On his trademark cameos for future films: "I've done my Thor cameo. I haven't done the Captain America one. I don't think they've started that yet. I had lunch with a young director, [Edgar Wright]. He's real good. He's gonna do the "Ant-Man" movie. So I expect to get a cameo there, of course."
- On any heroes who deserve a reboot: "Maybe the Hulk a little bit. Maybe. I'd like them to bring Daredevil back and try it again. I've always liked that character."

Jeritron 04-18-2010 11:03 PM

Daredevil should definitely get a reboot. Fantastic Four deserves another try. Maybe in 5 years or so

Rammsteinmad 04-19-2010 04:05 AM

I loved the Daredevil film. Definitely wanna see a new one, though I'd prefer a sequel to a remake, but whatever...

Kalyx triaD 04-22-2010 08:58 PM

Quote:

The movies would cost in the range of 20 to 40 million dollars (very small when we're talking studio films) and would allow them to take risks with less obvious characters and with interesting talent," according to CHUD. "Properties like Dr. Strange, Ka-Zar, Luke Cage, Dazzler and Power Pack are among the many that are being tossed around right now. And the attitude seems to be that Marvel is open to bringing any of their characters to the screen at the right price point.

Boondock Saint 04-22-2010 11:26 PM

Charlie 27

Destor 04-23-2010 04:37 AM

i didnt see this posted but bot only is whedon directing the avangers film but he is also getting to re-tool the script which should be excellent. no secret that i`m a huge wheadon nerd so i`m THRILLED about this.

avengers should be shiney. :D

Rammsteinmad 04-23-2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 3037916)
Quote:

The movies would cost in the range of 20 to 40 million dollars (very small when we're talking studio films) and would allow them to take risks with less obvious characters and with interesting talent," according to CHUD. "Properties like Dr. Strange, Ka-Zar, Luke Cage, Dazzler and Power Pack are among the many that are being tossed around right now. And the attitude seems to be that Marvel is open to bringing any of their characters to the screen at the right price point.

I'm surprised Dr. Strange hasn't gotten his own movie deal yet. And Power Pack seem more likely to one day get their own movie outside of Marvel Universe Continuity.

As for the others... Luke Cage should be in the Avengers film. Dazzler and Ka-Zar meh...

Inadequacy 04-23-2010 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boondock Saint (Post 3038238)
Charlie 27

I like the way you think