TPWW Forums

TPWW Forums (https://www.tpwwforums.com/index.php)
-   entertainment forum (https://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Marvel Universe Thread (https://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=64942)

Kalyx triaD 09-12-2012 05:02 PM

I thought Red Hulk was cool until his identity was revealed (cop out, imo, same with Red She-Hulk - which now that I look back should have been obvious). He'll probably be more fun in the upcoming cartoon series which actually sounds okay.

And since he is Thunderbolt Ross-

WAIT!: Thunderbolt General Ross in the Thunderbolts, very cute Marvel, I just now got that.

...Anyway, since he is Ross, they should keep his goatee and make it black in Hulk form to make him more than a palette swap character. A Hulk with a goatee would look cool to me.

Edit: All Thor 2 updates/analysis/media will now be in its own thread now that some assets are out.

Sixx 09-12-2012 05:10 PM

A Hulk with a goatee?

That shit would look just dumb.

Kalyx triaD 09-12-2012 05:59 PM

Very soon Cyclops will cement himself officially as the biggest dick in the Marvel Universe. This should be very interesting.

ClockShot 09-12-2012 06:10 PM

R.I.P. Professor X.

Kalyx triaD 09-12-2012 06:11 PM

I wouldn't have quite said that.

Miotch 09-12-2012 06:37 PM

Cyclops has always been the biggest dick in the marvel universe. Seriously have always hated him.

Fignuts 09-12-2012 06:43 PM

When I started AvX, I wasn't a huge fan, but now I can't wait to see the conclusion. The whole 5 Phoenixes twist, completely turned it around for me.

dronepool 09-12-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixx (Post 3975246)
Why is Spiderman/Venom weilding an ingram?

Because it's *Flash Thompson* (his high school bully/big Spider-Man supporter) and he was in the army, but lost his legs... so they have some secret program where they gave him the Venom suit to do missions for them (before him joining Thunderbolts)

Nowhere Man 09-12-2012 08:56 PM

*Thompson

But yeah, that's pretty much what's going on with Venom these days. I think Eddie Brock is currently bonded to the Toxin symbiote, who was spawned off of Carnage. So Brock is now running around in the first suit's grandkid.

dronepool 09-12-2012 09:00 PM

Thanks for that.

Whatever happened to the cop who had Toxin?

Nowhere Man 09-12-2012 09:15 PM

I don't think they ever actually said what happened to him. Presumably, either Blackheart killed him in order to separate the symbiote from him (since the next time Toxin showed up, Blackheart was trying to make clones of the symbiote for some reason or another), or he'll show up at some point to try and take the symbiote back from Brock.

Fignuts 09-13-2012 01:55 AM

Hope every symbiote dies except for the original venom. Hate how oversaturated they were in the 90's, and then they go and make Toxin, just when it was getting back to normal.

Will always have a special place in my heart for Sentry, after took Carnage into outer space, and ripped him in half.

Skippord 09-13-2012 03:59 AM

I thought Anti-Venom looked pretty cool

I have not read anything involving him though

Schlomey 09-13-2012 08:08 AM

Avengers Assemble #7

Features Thanos on the cover. Getting in to the story I was very pumped for the release of #7. I hate waiting an entire month for the next issue! This one did not deliver. Thanos was barely in it. Most of the action and dialog was lame and a set up for things to come later....i hate that I wasted a month in anticipation.

2.5/5

Sixx 09-13-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 3975970)
Hope every symbiote dies except for the original venom. Hate how oversaturated they were in the 90's, and then they go and make Toxin, just when it was getting back to normal.

Will always have a special place in my heart for Sentry, after took Carnage into outer space, and ripped him in half.

Carnage was amazing. Only one of the Venom-like characters that was worth something.

Maximum Carnage is probably my favourite Spiderman story.

Kalyx triaD 09-13-2012 02:33 PM

I liked the game.

Boondock Saint 09-14-2012 03:56 AM

AvX did not need to be 12 issues. Jesus Christ. Please end.

Reavant 09-14-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Destroyer (Post 3975169)
Looks like Venom, Elektra and the Red Hulk.

Really not getting the concept of the Thunderbolts at all with this. They're meant to be villains trying to do right!

umm outside of elektra and i say that because i dont know her history... i believe you made your own point and are still confused by it

Fignuts 09-14-2012 11:38 AM

He's not confused. No one on the team is a villain. Anti-hero at best, but no villains at all. Red Hulk was on the avengers, for crying out loud.

Reavant 09-14-2012 11:48 AM

when red hulk debuted he trashed the avengers, the watcher, the hulk and others until his identity was revealed.. so he was written as a villain and was even seen as such when he first joined the avengers

Noone really knows that its flash in the symbiot... Remember Mac Gargen? He was in no way ever a hero in any sense and he wore the venom symbiot for a long time. So yes the symbiot was once a major villain.

Punisher fights with heros and villains. say what you want in terms of his motives and his moral ground, in the eyes of the public and other heros, hes a villain if not terrorist.... same goes for deadpool for the most part.

Reavant 09-14-2012 11:50 AM

sandman was on the avengers too ya know... i think everyone would classify him as a villain

Reavant 09-14-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fignuts (Post 3975970)

they did for the most part... when brock lost the antivenom suit, he killed hybrid, scream and all the others. The only living ones are venom, toxin, carnage and the purple one from the latest carnage series.

Schlomey 09-14-2012 12:27 PM

Where do you guys go for comic book news and stories etc....here is where I visit:

1. Marvel.com to check the current and future release dates
2. Newsarama.com for articles news and stories
3. Midtown Comics.com to buy back issues and look at stuff I can't afford
4. ComicBookMovies.com to learn about CBM's and updates from the movies being filmed
5. WhatCulture.com for all sorts of good shit
6. ComicBookResource.com for news and shit
7. zergnet.com for interesting lists

Ok post that and also any places you go to download digital comics

1. Piratebay.org
2. freecomicsdownload.com

Reavant 09-14-2012 12:30 PM

comicvine.com

Kalyx triaD 09-14-2012 01:21 PM

You cover the same sites I cover, and then there's SuperHeroHype.com, which does a well job with movies and TV shows.

Schlomey 09-14-2012 02:30 PM

ok next question:

I'm looking for a comic based message board to join. Similiar to this site and one with a good amount of traffic....

anyone?

Epic 09-14-2012 02:31 PM

G.M. Reinfeldt imagines that one day, someone will make a comic of his work.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0096U8EEO

Kalyx triaD 09-14-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schlomey (Post 3977486)
ok next question:

I'm looking for a comic based message board to join. Similiar to this site and one with a good amount of traffic....

anyone?

I used to post on Comic Book Resource's forums years ago. It was alright.

Schlomey 09-14-2012 02:51 PM

I just signed up there actually. It's a vBulletin site like I wanted and so far so good. Just creepin' for the time being.

dronepool 09-14-2012 03:42 PM

I post at Cbr sometimes. Mostly just read news and thoughts on certain comics or other comics I don't buy or read. anymore.

Epic 09-14-2012 03:44 PM

I once spoke to G.M. Reinfeldt and he commented that comics are crutches for the literaly challenged. I tend to agree. If you want a good story, read a good book, like G.M. Reinfeldt's latest release,available here, http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0096U8EEO

Schlomey 09-14-2012 03:49 PM

you are bullshit. and that comment about comics are crutches is bullshit. I read literary works and I read comics. You should fuck off. Die. Regenerate like DeadPool and then die a few more times.

oh yeah. And quit spamming me you fucktard.

Epic 09-14-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schlomey (Post 3977572)
you are bullshit. and that comment about comics are crutches is bullshit. I read literary works and I read comics. You should fuck off. Die. Regenerate like DeadPool and then die a few more times.

oh yeah. And quit spamming me you fucktard.

You remind me of an angry macacque throwing poop in it's cage. Please calm down. It is not my fault that you are not intelligent enough to appreciate a truly erudite work of art, like G.M. Reinfeldt's "Thea's Final Entry ", found here, http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0096U8EEO.

Reavant 09-14-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic (Post 3977551)
I once spoke to G.M. Reinfeldt and he commented that comics are crutches for the literaly challenged. I tend to agree. If you want a good story, read a good book, like G.M. Reinfeldt's latest release,available here, http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0096U8EEO

hmmm considering I'm pretty sure he said "literary" and not "literaly" (which isn't a correctly spelled word by the way *literally*) I'm thinking that you may be just as challenged as the people here who like comics so please keep your thoughts to yourself. Thanks.

Kalyx triaD 09-14-2012 05:24 PM

http://i.newsarama.com/images/x-forcenow_02.jpg

Miotch 09-14-2012 06:02 PM

I heard that G.M. Reinfeldt touches little boys.

Reavant 09-14-2012 06:44 PM

i wonder if colossus gets rid of the cyttorak

Shadow 09-14-2012 06:44 PM

Can we report this idiot for spamming?

Kalyx triaD 09-14-2012 06:51 PM

He already has. Gears are turning and all that.

Sixx 09-14-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD (Post 3977675)

His robotic hand looks awkward.

I used to love this guy in this X-Men something crossover I don't remember the name of. The one that revealed he was Cyclops' son and travelled in time and whatnot.